D7000 Focus issues

RussTnail

As mentioned, new to the forum. Wish I would have found
you all years ago. I've been getting some great feedback about
the focus issues with my new D7000. I will let the forum know
if I'm successful.
Thanks for all the suggestions..

mojobebop

i have been shooting since 1970. have d200, 2 d7000's. the d7000 with the 18-105, & 18-200 the worst. 90% of images not sharp. once in great while, when contrast permits the image is tack sharp. do not believe it is back focusing issue. they basically put these cameras out there w/inferior components obviously. they assume we will fix w/post production, which is limited at best unless you enjoy immense amounts of artifacting. unfortunate.

i have been shooting since 1970. have d200, 2 d7000's. the d7000 with the 18-105, & 18-200 the worst. 90% of images not sharp. once in great while, when contrast permits the image is tack sharp. do not believe it is back focusing issue. they basically put these cameras out there w/inferior components obviously. they assume we will fix w/post production, which is limited at best unless you enjoy immense amounts of artifacting. unfortunate.

I have a D7000 and have not found this to be the case. Photos are sharp. You say "do not believe it is back focusing issue" have you actually checked and set the back focus?