Computer monitor suggestions

Krs_2007

Well after extensive research, no joke, was about to say screw it. I never knew there were so many various connections, limitations, resolution worries and all of that crap that goes with it. Its not so easy these days and you really have to know what your looking for based on your computer requirements. Remember this monitor is 5 years old and its been that long since I really explored monitors and all of the new found technology.

My computer can run the higher end resolution monitors like 4k, but my limitations was still with the KVM being DVI single and not double. So it was either buy a lower resolution monitor that my KVM would handle or buy a higher resolution and new KVM, which was not worth the cost in the end. This Dell is 1900x1200 and thats the limit of my KVM. If you dont have the limitations and your pc can handle the higher resolution, there are several Dells that are worthy of spending your money on.

So after all of this, I settled on the Dell UltraSharp U2413 24" with PremierColor Black.

The best info I found about the panel types was on a site I found in old post on here and I had actually forgotten about this site. But It will provide info that most sites dont, which for me was beneficial. I found all sorts of panel types, TN which is what I have now and is going out. Nothing wrong if you want to go that route. But I was leaning towards IPS, which is what my secondary monitor is. I almost bought one that was e-IPS, but settled on the Dell that is AH-IPS. You can read on the site about the differences, but what sold me is a recommendation on here for it as well as the below site.

The TFT Selector

This site is kept up to date and has some good reviews. They are pretty serious about their testing and monitor preferences. Other sites were really pretty general and based on personal preferences. This site mentions previous models and does comparisons, which is why I settled on the one I ordered.

Also when ordering, double check the exact model as some sites have other models that are only off by one letter and its usually a different model/panel/quality. Found this out with one model I almost ordered, sorry dont have the site that mentioned why it was bad but it had to do with gamut and that model was worse than the one with out the letter on the end.

Anyways, for those that are on the lookout for a monitor, enjoy, as its a lengthy process and I am only hoping mine is finished at this time. But still have to wait for it be delivered and tested, right.

I did settle on 24", despite my desire for 27". The reason is I want to rethink my desktop layout/connections, which dont work now, but I might be able to get creative and one day get another 27". Its the limitation of the KVM and personally I can deal with a slightly smaller screen before I could live without my KVM switch.

Krs_2007

I am in the market for a new monitor too. I am thinking of getting a Dell Ultrasharp U2415

Here is the review for that one, if you want to read through it. I looked at it but the connections wouldn't work for me. Good luck and post back on what you decide. Its nice to have new info on here about monitors.