Compare and vote

which version do you like best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill16

I use both a tablet and a laptop, and I need to know which truly shows the best results for the majority! So please let me know which version you like best!:)

First choice!

dsc_6691sized.jpg

Second choice!

1446788490594.jpg

Last edited:

mikew_RIP

I guess you are talking things like skin tones,without knowing your good lady's natural skin tone its difficult to say on a uncalibrated monitor,to me though on my monitor it could be half way between the two,or possibly nearer the first.

Bill16

Yes the saturation is way different between my laptop and my tablet!

Thank you my friend! :)

I guess you are talking things like skin tones,without knowing your good lady's natural skin tone its difficult to say on a uncalibrated monitor,to me though on my monitor it could be half way between the two,or possibly nearer the first.

Michael J.

Could be my words

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I prefer the WB of the first one. What it needs though is a bit of contrast and the mid tones have to come down a bit too. I think that as it is now it's a bit over-exposed and lacks contrast.

Moab Man

I'm assuming that each looked good on the respective devices, and you're trying to figure out which is giving you a more accurate representation. The first picture is cool and the second is warm, a bit too warm for me. I'm not looking at this on my calibrated monitor, but I know this monitor has a blue cast so I'm suspecting the first is not as cool as it looks on this monitor and the second is much warmer than I'm seeing it.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I prefer the WB of the first one. What it needs though is a bit of contrast and the mid tones have to come down a bit too. I think that as it is now it's a bit over-exposed and lacks contrast.

I agree with Marcel's comment. On my calibrated monitor, the second one has her skin tone looking a tad too orangish, and the whites of her eyes have a slight hit of pale blue.

I'd like to see a bit more contrast with the first image, too. If you have photoshop, you can select the background area and increase its saturation without it affecting her skin or eyes.

Horoscope Fish

I liked the first shot a lot more once I dropped the Midtone sider about 15 points and then, on the blue channel specifically, brought the Midtone slider down about 4 points. This killed the slight blue color cast and increased the contrast.

The second shot looks a little too warm and a little too saturated to me.