Comments wanted.

Needa

Challenge Team
That's starting to look like something... Maybe get down to the water level as much as you can, and aim up a little bit..
Much better. Can you get lower down to the water? Some interesting clouds/lighting might bump things up some.

OK, Fred beat me to it while I was typing.
I try it next time I'm there. Another thing that can be done is darken the red/yellow so the some color difference show in the trees. Short of someone in a red kayak coming through don't hold out much hope for image.It has been a great learning experience.

WaltE

View attachment 400879
So was able to get more of a tunnel like look. Of course the power lines ruin the effect your are in a place long ago and far away. Didn't particularly like using the DX lens on the 810 image not full screen maybe try the 7100 next time.
Now you're getting closer! Force your audience to look at the channel itself by cropping off the sky. Once the sky is cropped as above or even further down, you could lighten the highlights in the water to draw more attention to it. If you could catch it at a different time of day with some sunlight shining down the channel to add depth it might be nice also. Obviously I don't know the orientation (NSEW) to know if that is possible or not. A night shot with a spotlight down the channel would also look quite dramatic.

Needa

Challenge Team
Now you're getting closer! Force your audience to look at the channel itself by cropping off the sky. Once the sky is cropped as above or even further down, you could lighten the highlights in the water to draw more attention to it. If you could catch it at a different time of day with some sunlight shining down the channel to add depth it might be nice also. Obviously I don't know the orientation (NSEW) to know if that is possible or not. A night shot with a spotlight down the channel would also look quite dramatic.
It at 10 degrees so say NNE.

Needa

Challenge Team
Here are a couple from this am.
71D_8563.jpg

Here is the sky cropped out.
71D_8563_01.jpg

These are light at the back not dark. The is going to the back burner due to lack of enthusiasm for the project. Again thanks to all who contributed.

Last edited:

Danno

IMG_2795.jpeg

Suggestions and comments needed.
It is hard to get these shots to look the way we want. I do like this composition. I can see being in a John boat doing a bit of exploring.

I down loaded your photo and made a few edits to add some contrast. I hope you don’t mind.

Needa

Challenge Team
It is hard to get these shots to look the way we want. I do like this composition. I can see being in a John boat doing a bit of exploring.

I down loaded your photo and made a few edits to add some contrast. I hope you don’t mind.
No, this whole thread was about learning. Thanks for commenting.

PLM

Needa,

The horizontal orientation of your second image, in my opinion, makes for a much more interesting photo in this instance. I have to agree with some of the other's comments concerning "An object" to gain some attention.

Patrick

Needa

Challenge Team
Needa,

The horizontal orientation of your second image, in my opinion, makes for a much more interesting photo in this instance. I have to agree with some of the other's comments concerning "An object" to gain some attention.

Patrick
Thanks for your comments.

Rick M

As much as I love reflections, with all the foliage it gets very busy. You might try a circular polarizer to eliminate reflections, might be interesting to see the water more?