Collage 101

Alan

I wasn't going to do this till I got home tonight. After all... I AM at work
Then I decided What the Hell

Not sure if I like my background color but here's my first try.

Looks good Mike. Just a quick warning it can become additive and I have yet to find a cure. :rolleyes:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I did one the other day from our family reunion.

My mother-in-law (90) is the last sibling and was unable to attend.
family_reunion_2013_collage.jpg

Alan

History lesson collage. This is Wyalusing Rocks which overlooks the Susquehanna River. It is 500 feet almost strait down and was used by the Iroquois as a lookout and signaling area. In the valley below was French Azilum, the area that Marie Antoinette was coming to in exile until she lost her head!

Wyalusing collage.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Looking through all of these, it is interesting to see how the collages are created. I need to create a poster size collage from the high school's theater production photos. I'll be using PowerPoint so I can arrange however many photos I need for a 20x30 collage. I can only imagine the end result will be enormous in file size if I use @25-35 4x6 photos. Plus I want to add an opaque layer mask with a cutout gavel over top of the collage (the story was about jurors). And add text. Sheesh. The file will be enormous. It needs to be printed. Any suggestions on how to reduce the overall file size once it is completed while allowing it to be printed without loss of quality?

Alan

Looking through all of these, it is interesting to see how the collages are created. I need to create a poster size collage from the high school's theater production photos. I'll be using PowerPoint so I can arrange however many photos I need for a 20x30 collage. I can only imagine the end result will be enormous in file size if I use @25-35 4x6 photos. Plus I want to add an opaque layer mask with a cutout gavel over top of the collage (the story was about jurors). And add text. Sheesh. The file will be enormous. It needs to be printed. Any suggestions on how to reduce the overall file size once it is completed while allowing it to be printed without loss of quality?

One idea since you are using power point you can save it as a PDF. That creates a much smaller file. I did that many years ago when my kids were still in school and we were doing programs and the like for their drama club. Just need to find a commercial printer that can use PDF to print.