Circle B Bar Reserve Feb 2016 Meet 'n Greet

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
The dates I posted are what I'm aiming for next year
I'm hoping the M&G next year has a few new folks joining as well as the folks who made this year and of course the regulars that made it the last 2 years @Whiskeyman ya skip a year you owe me a beer :D.

Third week-end of February is penciled in on my calendar. The next question is what camera I'll bring. If I was a betting man I'd lay money on a rumored X-T2 with a rented 100-400mm and a 1.4x converter.

Whiskeyman

I enjoyed my first year. Hope the MRS can go with me next year and we will stay a week and explore it at a more leisurely pace.

There are a number of places on the way down I would like to visit

Don, If you go for a week next year, you'll want to got for two weeks the year after. In addition to the C-B-B, there are places such as Joe Overstreet Landing, Fort DeSoto, Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, Wakodahatchee Wetlands, Viera Wetlands, Orlando Wetlands. While you that far south, you might as well go to the south end of the state and maybe even venture down into the keys. On the way down, you could visit St. Mark's Wildlife Refuge and visit the lighthouse. If you make the trip down a two-day affair, I'll suggest staying at the Wakulla Lodge, south of Tallahassee.

I could spend a year or two visiting the places I want to visit and revisit in Florida, and I'd likely not get them all done. That, and go to Prattville for the mills and river guided tour.

WM

Don, If you go for a week next year, you'll want to got for two weeks the year after. In addition to the C-B-B, there are places such as Joe Overstreet Landing, Fort DeSoto, Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, Wakodahatchee Wetlands, Viera Wetlands, Orlando Wetlands. While you that far south, you might as well go to the south end of the state and maybe even venture down into the keys. On the way down, you could visit St. Mark's Wildlife Refuge and visit the lighthouse. If you make the trip down a two-day affair, I'll suggest staying at the Wakulla Lodge, south of Tallahassee.

I could spend a year or two visiting the places I want to visit and revisit in Florida, and I'd likely not get them all done. That, and go to Prattville for the mills and river guided tour.

WM

There are a number of places I want to go and the Meet and Greet is just a good chance to do some of them. My next project is to visit as many waterfalls in Alabama as I can actually hike into with my limited ability to hike.

And anytime you are near Prattville I will be happy to give you a tour. The latest is that the work should start sometime late this year or early next. They finally revealed what is going to be done to it. They are turning the main building into apartments They should be quite nice with exposed 12 and 24 inch beams and brick walls inside the apartments. One of the things they are trying to do is to actually make them affordable. There is a building out on the other side of the property that is much newer that was the offices.
10-05-15_0124.jpg
It is about 50,000 SQ feet and is presently two mirrored sides so they are turning half of it into the Police Station, The other half into the Fire Department offices and there is one small section that has a outside door and reception desk and 3 offices in it that is going to be used for EMS offices. In another section of the the building there was a large computer room and they was going to use it for IT for the city. A great use for the space and it more than 4 times the space any of them have now. There is a R&D building that has a working 3/4 scale Modern gin and a few mid 1800s gins and this building will probably be made into a museum. Really a great project for me to work with.

Whiskeyman

That is one but I have found some that are much closer that are really nice.

I have to say that I never really thought about waterfalls in Alabama until you mentioned it. I really want to visit Cheaha one of these days, and these give me another incentive to do so sooner, rather than later.

Blacktop

I have to say that I never really thought about waterfalls in Alabama until you mentioned it. I really want to visit Cheaha one of these days, and these give me another incentive to do so sooner, rather than later.

Alabama Shmalabama. Tennessee is where it's at ,brother. The heartbeat of the South. Yea, that's what it is!:encouragement: