Chris' Sony A 7 Pictures

sonicbuffalo_RIP

jpegs1-397.jpg

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Awesome Chris, looks like you had a great time! :)

How did you find the new camera performed on your trip?

I used the A7 exclusively with the 24-70 kit lens. I might have gotten some better shots with my 70-200 mm Sony /4.0 lens. I am waiting on the 16-35 /4.0 lens out next month and it would have come in handy. I love the A7 for size and format. I love that it's a full frame body that's so small. I don't think it will matter much that Sony is reducing the footprint by utilizing the 4.0 instead of 2.8. A lot of the pictures I took with my old Nikon were set at 4.0 or higher. The one thing I will be more concious of is to carefully watch the sensor for dust spots. I had to go through and clean up a bunch of spots with Lightroom. Overall, it's a learning experience, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thanks for asking.

SteveH

I hadn't thought about the dust situation - I guess the sensor is a bit more exposed in there with no mirror in front of it.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I hadn't thought about the dust situation - I guess the sensor is a bit more exposed in there with no mirror in front of it.

True....but not that bad.......just have to remember to take some test shots when changing lenses. Or scope the sensor out when changing them. I really didn't change lenses but a few times on the trip. I just see a few artifacts....nothing too bad.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

We have had a few cruise ships dock here in Montreal, but probably not as big as that one.

That's a huge problem with a cruise ship that size. At a Q & A with the Captain, he said that it's not necessarily the size of the pier or dock that presents the problem. He said that the whole infrastructure of the port is instantly hit with over 7000 people and the roads, restaurants, and everywhere people go is swamped with people. He said there are very few places that can accomondate a ship that size. He said it's also even tougher when you consider 3 or 4 more ships may be docked there at a specific port on any given day. That means there is well over 10,000 people hitting the town on a given day.

I hear a lot of people like cruising and stopping in Canada. We met 2 women and had supper with them every night while on board. They were from Newfoundland, Canada. We enjoyed their company quite a bit. I have their e-mail addresses. I better send them something soon or they'll forget about us.

AC016

That's a huge problem with a cruise ship that size. At a Q & A with the Captain, he said that it's not necessarily the size of the pier or dock that presents the problem. He said that the whole infrastructure of the port is instantly hit with over 7000 people and the roads, restaurants, and everywhere people go is swamped with people. He said there are very few places that can accomondate a ship that size. He said it's also even tougher when you consider 3 or 4 more ships may be docked there at a specific port on any given day. That means there is well over 10,000 people hitting the town on a given day.

I hear a lot of people like cruising and stopping in Canada. We met 2 women and had supper with them every night while on board. They were from Newfoundland, Canada. We enjoyed their company quite a bit. I have their e-mail addresses. I better send them something soon or they'll forget about us.

I think it was about a month ago that a number of cruise ships stopped in Quebec City. The report i read said that around 20,000 people got off the ships and headed into town, lol. A far cry from a tour bus with 50 or so people aboard.

TedG954

Hello Chris....

Would sure like to see some 16-35 shots. I'm guessing that will be my next Sony lens and I'd like to see some real-world photos...... when you get the time.

​Thanks.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

@TedG954 - yes....I've been slacking a little with the colder weather....but I will get some 16-35 pictures today....and have them pp hopefully soon. It is a great lens. I can tell by the few I've taken. Your 55 looks stellar!