Cases for lenses & camera equipmennt

Geoffc

You seem to have just about the same equipment that I will have and need a bag for. Would it be possible to take a picture of the open bag with the equipment in it and post it so I can see how well it fits?

Grandpaw,

My bag wasn't specifically laid out for this arrangement and I'm busy at the minute so it's not quite as neat and square as it should be as I just chucked the stuff in for you photo request. Please don't judge my neatness by these photos, or the fact that I had to use my iphone to take them:eek: I think it confirms what you can fit into it and when it's laid out properly it'is actually very tidy and professional looking.

On the left is a D7100 with Tamron 150-600
At the back is a D800 with 24-120 F4
Top centre is the 70-200 2.8 VRII,
On the right is a 16-35 F4, 105 2.8 Macro and a 50mm 1.8G.
The flash at the top is an SB900. I could get both in if I arranged it properly.
The bag at the side is the Lowepro 11x26 with my wife's Tamron 150-600 to show that it fits, albeit it's a very snug fit.

Frankly, anything bigger than this bag would be too heavy to pick up or take on a plane as carry on. It also has the usual tripod straps and more pockets than you could ever use (Famous last words).

They do make a Vertex 200 as well, however this is a good size for me and the thing I really like about the 300 is the cover that goes over the straps at the back. This makes it really neat as carry on or when just using it as storage around the house as the straps don't keep getting in the way.

The funny thing that this picture highlights is the size of the Tamron 150-600 next to the 70-200 2.8. I used to think the 70-200 was a big lens :)

I hope this helps you make a decision.

bag-1.jpg

bag-2.jpg

bag-3.jpg

grandpaw

Grandpaw,

My bag wasn't specifically laid out for this arrangement and I'm busy at the minute so it's not quite as neat and square as it should be as I just chucked the stuff in for you photo request. Please don't judge my neatness by these photos, or the fact that I had to use my iphone to take them:eek: I think it confirms what you can fit into it and when it's laid out properly it'is actually very tidy and professional looking.

On the left is a D7100 with Tamron 150-600
At the back is a D800 with 24-120 F4
Top centre is the 70-200 2.8 VRII,
On the right is a 16-35 F4, 105 2.8 Macro and a 50mm 1.8G.
The flash at the top is an SB900. I could get both in if I arranged it properly.
The bag at the side is the Lowepro 11x26 with my wife's Tamron 150-600 to show that it fits, albeit it's a very snug fit.

Frankly, anything bigger than this bag would be too heavy to pick up or take on a plane as carry on. It also has the usual tripod straps and more pockets than you could ever use (Famous last words).

They do make a Vertex 200 as well, however this is a good size for me and the thing I really like about the 300 is the cover that goes over the straps at the back. This makes it really neat as carry on or when just using it as storage around the house as the straps don't keep getting in the way.

The funny thing that this picture highlights is the size of the Tamron 150-600 next to the 70-200 2.8. I used to think the 70-200 was a big lens :)

I hope this helps you make a decision.

View attachment 105225

View attachment 105226

View attachment 105227

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. As of right now I am still researching cases but this one is at the top of my list right now. Thanks again, Jeff

PTphoto

Check out the:
[h=1]Docooler Molle Tactical Shoulder Strap Bag Pouch Travel Backpack Camera Military Bag[/h]
I own one of these. Its great because it holds my D600 with a big 28-300 lens, even with the hood on.
It has been with me to the Amazon, and Alaska, and other minor trips. Lightweight, over-the-shoulder. Great for hiking.
It is a steal at only $20! Don't know how they can do it at that price, but the quality is excellent.

I have a Lowepro big case that can hold lots of gear, but it stays at home. What goes in this case is just what I need for the shoot. Camera, flash, will hold a couple lenses, and lots of little accessories. It is bristling with little pockets that are very useful.

Find it at:
Amazon.com : Docooler Molle Tactical Shoulder Strap Bag Pouch Travel Backpack Camera Military Bag (Black) : Badminton Sets : Sports & Outdoors

Worth several times the price! Good luck in your quest, grandpaw.

PapaST

If I bring most of my stuff I use either my Pelican 1510 or 1560. Glenn is right the 1510 would be too small for the Tamron and your other gear. But the 1560 is a good size. I use it to hold two gripped bodies, Tamzooka, 70-200vrii, sb900 and about 5 or 6 other lenses.

I like to keep the hood on my Tamron 150-600 so truthly I've adopted a very low tech solution for carrying. I use an old pair of sweatpants, slide my Tamron with gripped body through the waist and down a pant leg and then use the other pant leg to wrap around the camera. Then I just toss it into a backpack (gripped body, tamron lens and mammoth hood and all). Works for me.

aroy

I normally carry my DSLR with one lense in my Laptop Roller Bag. It has enough space for the Laptop, the camera with a spare lense, power extension cord, HDD and other small paraphernalia. In case I get a long telephoto, I will just buy a suitable roller bag and pad the inside.