Blacktop's 2016 journey with photography and a song.

Blacktop

_DSC0780-Edit.jpg

_DSC0784-Edit.jpg

_DSC0787-Edit-2.jpg

Blacktop

This is my favorite thread to post in, because it combines my love for music and photography. The two things that are an integral part of my life now. Music has always been ,since I was a small child and now photography has become as well, the last few years.
This is why I always reserve my favorite shots for this thread. Sometimes it doesn't come together the way I plan it, but when it does I am happy.

I normally try and post new shots that I take here, but today is different. Today I am sad
I am sad for my friend who lost a loved one today. Today I post some older shots that I have taken, and hope that the images and the music will comfort him.
I wish I could do more.

Soddy Daisy,TN--2 (1000x667).jpg

Ocoee Sunset.- (1000x563).jpg

Huntsville,Alabama. Gardens.--10 (1000x667).jpg

Fall In The Mountains--3 (2) (1000x668).jpg

Fall In The Mountains--2 (2) (668x1000).jpg

Backyard-11164.jpg

Bill16

Thank you my friend. I really appreciate it Pete buddy. :)

This is my favorite thread to post in, because it combines my love for music and photography. The two things that are an integral part of my life now. Music has always been ,since I was a small child and now photography has become as well, the last few years.
This is why I always reserve my favorite shots for this thread. Sometimes it doesn't come together the way I plan it, but when it does I am happy.

I normally try and post new shots that I take here, but today is different. Today I am sad
I am sad for my friend who lost a loved one today. Today I post some older shots that I have taken, and hope that the images and the music will comfort him.
I wish I could do more.

View attachment 199306

View attachment 199307

View attachment 199308

View attachment 199309

View attachment 199310

View attachment 199311

Blacktop

Thank you my friend. I really appreciate it Pete buddy. :)
I made this from the heart, for you. For some reason these images give me comfort when I'm down, and was hoping that they would comfort you as well.. Especially the first image. That is still my all time favorite. I have taken much better shots then that one, but for some reason that is still my favorite.

Bill16

Thank you so much buddy.Yes I also really like that first shot.:)

I made this from the heart, for you. For some reason these images give me comfort when I'm down, and was hoping that they would comfort you as well.. Especially the first image. That is still my all time favorite. I have taken much better shots then that one, but for some reason that is still my favorite.

Danno

Try not to miss this thread @Blacktop. Really enjoy the photo/music selections. Makes the memories roll. There was a bunch of us that got together and jammed every Friday night till we could not hold up the guitars on Saturday morning sometime just before dawn, and this is the kind of stuff we played. In the winter it was in someones house. In the summer it was down on the boats. We would tie 3 or 4 together and jam. Good memories.

Now I cannot play so much. Cannot hold onto the blasted pick with numb fingers, and never could get a decent 3 finger roll... but my hope is it will come back... or not... Either way it was a good time.

Good Stuff Pete... This last one with "Into the Mystic" stellar.

Blacktop

These have been posted already, but I wanted to put a few of my favorites from this weekend up here with some music.

_DSC5247-Edit.jpg

_DSC5416-Edit.jpg

_DSC5436-Edit.jpg

_DSC5437-Edit-2.jpg

_DSC5450-Edit.jpg

_DSC5433-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Blacktop

I really like this last set, Pete!

Thanks Cindy! They had us move from the Coke plant in town to this new location last week. (I can almost walk to work now) The plant was getting too crowded with trucks. I just hope that when we get a good rain storm this place is not going to turn into mud.
The gravel looks pretty packed down though.

Blacktop

I have a few more to post so I thought I would just put up another song.

This is what happens when you get in a pickle and you don't stop and start thinking. This guy came up to a low bridge (13FT. his trailer is 13'6")
He knows he hasto turn around somehow, but he got nervous and started doing instead of thinking.
Now he's even in a bigger pickle then he was before.

Take a look kids, this guy could be driving next to you on a highway. If the general motoring public would know who some of these companies will hire now days, they would be scared to death driving their cars.

The sad thing is, this driver will not be fired, unless he has done many stupid things like this before.

_DSC9216_17_18_19_20-Edit.jpg

_DSC9196_197_198_199_200.jpg

_DSC9166_67_68_69_70-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Danno

Great Shots @Blacktop. Great song choice. That was kitchen table music many years ago. We would sit around the Kitchen table with guitars singing Guy Clark and a dozen other folks from that period. Made me want some "Home Grown Tomatos" :D