Article: Become a Contributing Member!

mikew_RIP

You want HOW much :D seriously though its easy to think forums just appear out of mid air for every ones enjoyment,well they don't they need creating and maintaining.normally the costs are not huge but that cost large or small needs covering,the top donation for me in the UK works out at the moment to £18,i log on most days and get tremendous enjoyment at 5p a day so will commit later in the day when my connection is better,its often not good at this time of the morning.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
As I stand here screaming and cursing at this PayPal crap... is there a way for my wife and I to simply make the payment without having to actually log into or create a PayPal account? I just want to give some freaking money for the two of us and get this message:

"You cannot use an e-mail address or card number that belongs to an existing PayPal account. If you have a PayPal account, please log in. If you don't, please change the e-mail address or card number and try again."

If we have an account then we don't remember it. I swear, I have seen it on sites where you could make a payment through PayPal but without an account and PayPal was just the processing vehicle.

I'm looking into adding another payment processor. I'm sorry Paypal is a pain.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm looking into adding another payment processor. I'm sorry Paypal is a pain.

You know I'm originally from the West side of Chicago, so. . . we can find a way to handle your payments. Just sayin'.

godfather-35088.jpg

Lawrence

I am in but notte no local currency. Hey I n=know we are small fry but ….
Only kidding ;)
Not sure when the contributing thing was decided so my apologies for being a late entry.

john*thomas

The way it is setup in Paypal is a recurring 'subscription', but you can cancel through Paypal at any time. An email is sent before it expires, yes.

On other sites I've sent money but then cancelled the recurring charges from Paypal. Upon doing this it cancelled my status even though I was paid up for a year. Any idea how it would work here?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
On other sites I've sent money but then cancelled the recurring charges from Paypal. Upon doing this it cancelled my status even though I was paid up for a year. Any idea how it would work here?

I haven't had a chance to test it on this site, but on another site I run that uses the same system, your upgrades on the site will remain active until the anniversary date.

I haven't had a chance to test it on this site, but on another site I run that uses the same system, your upgrades on the site will remain active until the anniversary date.
I will test it John.

I don't think it cancelled my contributor status. I will assume I will get an email next year asking me to renew my subscription.

Last edited: