Anyone Gone From A D7100 to a D810?

D12345678

I've been using both the 7100 and 810 for a while now. Both have their place as much as each other (depending on one's own personal needs that is). The best lens overall that does a great job on both cameras is a 50, any one of the 50s, but I mainly use a 50f1.8D and a 50f1.8G, so that's a must! As for the 810 and lenses, although everyone's obviously trying to use the sharpest so to make the most of the 36mp sensor, some cheaper lenses also do a reasonably good job, such as the plastic 28-80g, 24f2.8D and 28-105AF-D, all of which can be picked up second hand in excellent condition for a great price. Unless you're viewing photos by these cheapy lenses at full size and looking closely you can hardly pick the difference between those and much more expensive lenses. As for differences in images taken with the same lens on the D7100 and the D810, low light photos or higher ISO photos are cleaner with the 810, depth of field at the same aperture is greater with the D7100 and when zoomed in and you're pixel peeping there's more detail or sharper detail with the 810 images. Of course, a lot of this applies to any DX vs FX camera amongst the current or recent Nikon models. I've noticed many of us are now seeing the benefits of owning both DX and FX systems, rather than the old 'step up to full frame' mind set.