Any Strobists Here?

Ranie

Damn RD that is some serious lighting! :)

Awesome stuff man...

Hahaha. Thanks Jeff.

Here is another one from the same shoot

8512812706_1a6446f4ac_b.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
View attachment 28802
Today's Shoot (March 1, 2013)
D90
105 F2 DC
3 SB900 on 3 softboxes
All triggered by Nikon CLS

What a lovely portrait Ranie. Great expression of openness with a bit of shyness and I love the dress (so sharp and colorful).
My only small critic is the crop. The finger that shows only partially annoys me a bit. I'd just crop it out if it was my picture.

Great work as usual Ranie.

simonhodge

_SJH0163_pp (797x1200).jpg
I was asked to take a speedlight class and this was my final shot. Used D300 with SB910 on CLS. 1/3200th, F5.0, ISO 200. The SB910 had a 1/4 CTO and snoot on it. I didnt have access to a studio at the time so this was shot in a classroom under normal lighting.

Attachments

• _SJH0163_pp (680x1024).jpg
    _SJH0163_pp (680x1024).jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 123

Mike D90

I am now considering myself a Strobist. I am going to learn the hard way . . . all manual. I have no meter at this time.

I have three Vivitar 283's, two Vivitar 2800's and one Sunpak PZ40X which has digitally adjustable power settings. I have two light stands and umbrella brackets, two Brolly Box umbrellas and one white umbrella. I have a 5-in-One reflector set as well. I am about complete with my DIY Beauty Dish which I will post up when it is finished.

I just added a set of Yongnuo RF-603N radio poppers to the mix. I have ordered the electronics to build my own Vari Power modules for the 283's so I can adjust their power at the strobe itself.

All I need now is a portable backdrop system.

LouCioccio

One thing I would save for is a flash/ambient meter;just remember trust the meter. We did a demonstration at our computer club. Our club has several Special Interest Group and one of them is the Digital Photography Group. We set up two flashes except I chose not use trigger but optical triggers for those that brought their cameras. We used a 24x36 soft box, a white reflector on a stand. I used an old canvas background I bought in the 70's from Denny Mfg. I had my MacPro Tower tethered to a D7K and lightroom so our members could see instantaneously; which was pretty cool. Our Digital Photography SIG is like a Photography Club but with out the CLUB if you get my drift!!

dave.jpg