Adobe Extends $9.99/mo CC Offer Thru March 31 - For Everyone!!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
O.K., I've been reading and reading and reading....Right now things are kind of blurry from tired eyes. After getting the D7100 I need to decide which way to go. I'm not really interested in having everything or more than I'll ever use. It's just for my own personal novice use. I'm not really interested in having hundreds of dollars tied up in software.

Is this the way to go? I don't really like the idea of paying monthly but if there are advantages over buying one single software package I would go that route. I read with a lot of interested the NIK thread but I don't really want to buy, this, this and for a few extra features, that.

Ease of use is a big plus also. LOL

This IS the way to go. All you need in an affordable bundle.

Ease of use, well, there is a learning curve, but so much resources on the net as tutorials, you tube, adobe training. It's well worth it for you to take the time to learn. If you were able to learn how to use your camera, you can take the time to learn post processing. And, post processing is as important as clicking the shutter for the final print output.

BackdoorArts

Cross the board, for ease of you and powerful basic editing, Lightroom is all you really need to process RAW images. It's part of the CC package, but I just got an email from B&H this morning with a single use promo code selling LR5 for $69. That's a bargain. Hopefully you are on their mailing list and got one too - if you did, buy that and worry about CC later.

Software is a double-edged sword. It sucks to put money into it and then have it get upgraded, so you're on an "old" version, but a the same time there are things I can't do with something like Lightroom that requires something else. Given the cost of full blown Photoshop, the CC offer isn't bad as you'll always be on the current version, and it'll take 3 years to cover the cost of buying Lightroom and the Student/Teacher edition of CS6, so it's almost a no brainer, provided you want PS.

john*thomas

Cross the board, for ease of you and powerful basic editing, Lightroom is all you really need to process RAW images. It's part of the CC package, but I just got an email from B&H this morning with a single use promo code selling LR5 for $69. That's a bargain. Hopefully you are on their mailing list and got one too - if you did, buy that and worry about CC later.

Software is a double-edged sword. It sucks to put money into it and then have it get upgraded, so you're on an "old" version, but a the same time there are things I can't do with something like Lightroom that requires something else. Given the cost of full blown Photoshop, the CC offer isn't bad as you'll always be on the current version, and it'll take 3 years to cover the cost of buying Lightroom and the Student/Teacher edition of CS6, so it's almost a no brainer, provided you want PS.

LOL, that's just it. I don't know what I want.

Jeff_J

Boy I am just the opposite of most of you. I would love to take advantage of this offer, but I have an older laptop that will not run it. I am buying camera gear instead of getting a new laptop. Really thinking about getting in on the offer, so when I get a new laptop I can take advantage of this.

One question, does this have to have something loaded on your PC or is it all Cloud based computing?

Boy I am just the opposite of most of you. I would love to take advantage of this offer, but I have an older laptop that will not run it. I am buying camera gear instead of getting a new laptop. Really thinking about getting in on the offer, so when I get a new laptop I can take advantage of this.

One question, does this have to have something loaded on your PC or is it all Cloud based computing?

It is completely loaded on your computer. Depending on if you pay monthly or yearly it will call home every so often to see if you have paid.

carguy

I'll stick with my old fashioned software. I don't lease cars, why would I lease software? ;-)

LR4.4 and PS7 are working just fine for me. LR5 is a week away ;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is ending on Monday, but I haven't yet signed up. I have a Windows 7 laptop on which I need to load all my programs. It has an i7 processor and 6G RAM. Right now I'm using Lightroom 4 with Vista and only 4G RAM, and at times I run short on memory with LR4. LR4 requires 2G RAM. My security software runs in the background plus whatever normally runs although I don't intentionally run any other programs while editing in LR4.

How much different do you think LR5 will be on the Windows 7 laptop? Do you think 6G of RAM is enough for a program that requires 2G RAM but recommends 4G RAM? Thanks for any info! ;)

Deezey

I run an i5 without h 8 gigs of ram on Win8.1. And I run a basic dual core Celeron with 4 gigs on my laptop with Win7. My laptop is a little sluggish...but reasonable....

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I just checked....it's $49.99 per month! Big ripoff!

That is the price for the entire creative suite. I just went to the site and it looked like it would allow me to sign up for the $9.99 rate. But this WAS a special bundle so no guess on how long it will be available.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I just want to extend a BIG thank you to Jake for posting the info on Adobe's $9.99 monthly special. I am in the process of transitioning over from a Vista computer (not compatible with LR5) to a Windows 7 laptop, and last night I played around with some of Photoshop CC's features. Prior to playing with it, I thought I would be content to stick with Photoshop Elements; however, now I see Photoshop CC has a few of Lightroom's features that I really like--features such as Clarity, Vibrance, and the ability to lower (darken) shadows (PSE only allows me to open up the shadowed areas). These are three features I particularly love about Lightroom but lacked in PSE10. There is a little bit of difference in the look and layout between PSE10 and Photoshop CC, but for those who are proficient in PSE, it isn't a huge change.

Plus my laptop is faster than my Vista computer--periodically I'd run into a problem on my Vista computer when I'd try to save LR4 files as PSE files. I'd get the prompt that there wasn't enough memory to execute the action. So I had to dump the memory by shutting down and restarting--then I had to reopen Lightroom which takes a little bit of time to load on that computer, too.

And Jake recently posted about Perfect Effects 8 being free. My laptop only has 6 gigs of memory but Perfect Effects needs 8. Turns out I can add more memory and take my laptop up to 12 gigs. Whee! I can't begin to imagine how much faster I can get through the 850+ photos I took during the local high school's drama production! :eagerness:

So thank you for posting this!

Vixen

I've just decided to take the plunge. I'm fed up with not being able to follow tutorials because my version of PS is so far behind the rest of the world. My plan is use Adobe CC for at least the 12 months you have to sign up for, and try to buy CS6 sometime during the year ( I can't believe how much it costs considering it is now obsolete) ;)