A complete revamp

mikew_RIP

Interesting reading as ime in the middle of my revamp,the trouble is ime not sure where to go next,mainly i think because its been forced on me and not my choice.I think the three FX lenses will do for now but i would like to get my hands on this P900 for birding.

Blacktop

Interesting reading as ime in the middle of my revamp,the trouble is ime not sure where to go next,mainly i think because its been forced on me and not my choice.I think the three FX lenses will do for now but i would like to get my hands on this P900 for birding.
Out of curiosity ,how has it been forced on you? Are you talking about your troubles with the Tamzooka?

mikew_RIP

Out of curiosity ,how has it been forced on you? Are you talking about your troubles with the Tamzooka?

Sort of yes and sort of no :D taking the Tamron back and using the Bridge camera for my birding walks made me see how much enjoyment i was losing carrying all that gear and how it was becoming too much for me,i would rather put up with the IQ loss and carry on birding,bought the 750 with the idea of entering other areas of photography that i have not bothered much with,thats why i have stalled a bit adding other lenses.
So forced on me in a way.

Lawrence

Well@mikew for what its worth I think there is a lot to be said for the smaller mirrorless cameras. I watch with interest to see developments in the industry

mikew_RIP

Well@mikew for what its worth I think there is a lot to be said for the smaller mirrorless cameras. I watch with interest to see developments in the industry

Mirrorless have there place but not any where near yet a replacement for the DSLR,the biggest disadvantage is loss of live viewfinder image,i have the P610 set on single frame but i need to take at least 3 images to be certain the bird hasn't turned its head or something,most of the time one would have done but you cant be sure until you review the image and in that time the bird may have gone.
The D750 is an unneeded pure luxury on my part:D,i decided i no longer needed the crop factor,had enough money tied up in gear to do a swap so went for it,its a bit like having a 125cc trail bike for commuting and a nice Ducati in the garage for sunny Sundays.

Wolfeye

I keep far too many "irons in the fire" so to speak; I have all the systems currently, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Fuji, and Pentax, some more invested than others. I even have some Sony Alpha stuff from before they went all-in on mirrorless. All of them, even with modest lens investment, are better than I can get out of them. Gear is almost never the limiting factor. Until then, you'd be better off working to improve technique.

That said, do what you like, do what makes you happiest. That's the key thing. If revamping will get you out shooting more, experimenting more, enjoying photography more, then it's the right ting to do, for you.