60mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor for the DX camera D90?

Scott Murray

I love my 50mm and want to keep it safe and protected and I hate the kludginess of reversing lenses.
Toughen up princess these suckers are tough and we honestly do not take them into a war zone... But if thats the case then add extra protection with a Raynox DCR-250 and it will act near like a 90mm macro.

Mike D90

Toughen up princess these suckers are tough and we honestly do not take them into a war zone... But if thats the case then add extra protection with a Raynox DCR-250 and it will act near like a 90mm macro.

What I really want is something that will focus down to about 12 inches (a foot) from subject. Not too close. Something good for flowers/plants and some insects that tend to not liking you to getting close. I don't need a lens that will inspect pollen particles :)

Scott Murray

What I really want is something that will focus down to about 12 inches (a foot) from subject. Not too close. Something good for flowers/plants and some insects that tend to not liking you to getting close. I don't need a lens that will inspect pollen particles :)
Well a 50mm + Raynox will make an equivelent 90mm macro if that helps.

Sharin

I have the 60 and I really like it and use it all the time. In fact, it's on my d90 right now and has been for over a week. I like close-ups of food, flowers, and LEGO, but I don't (usually) shoot insects. It's served me very well.

Ambient

I have an older version of the 60mm 2.8. I really like it. Here are some examples.

This one was on my 365. I have some of money on there as well.

picture43b.jpg

And this one I got my lens out one day and just wanted to test something on it so I pointed at my husband and snapped a couple. They were not perfect but I thought they looked pretty clear since they were not planned or set up for.

_DSC0916.jpg

Sorry forgot to mention that these were on my D7000. But I used to use this on a D70 and it did a good job on it as well.

Last edited: