10 hours from meeting the Don

Was there once for about 2 hours. Did not know which way to point my camera first. Hope you can stay long enough to get some great pics. God willing and the creeks don't rise, I will get back someday.

We are going to be in Moab for 8 days before we leave for the Grand Canyon so we should have a lot of time to explore many of the parks that are in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Everyone is safe EXCEPT Mrs Moab. I have my sights set on her for ditching me this weekend by making up some sort of flimsy excuse.

MoabMan and I had a great and long day of shooting and talking about photography. I do have a photo of the two of us that my wife shot with her iPhone.

View attachment 178322
I thought Gloria had a real camera... Did you hide it from her Don? Just so your shots would be better... :)

ps just kidding.

Elliot87

I've only visited the US once back in 2003, most of the time was spent in Arizona but did briefly venture into Utah when visiting Monument Valley. The whole trip took me to some of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly, the Sonoran Desert and Sedona stand out in my memory as highlights. Fully intend to get back out there in the next few years.

Also figured out how old MoabMan is. Found his and MoabLady's picture carved onto a wall.

moabman.jpg

MoabMan on the upper left and MoabLady on the lower right

Scott Murray

Looks like a fun trip, and good to see some Nikonites catching up. Its unfortunate that Mrs Moab couldn't make it, maybe next time.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It's great to see members meet for real. It will increase the community feel of this group. Great pictures coming out of that trip as well. I envy you Don and Gloria.

Maybe we could organize some kind of field trip sometimes...

Food for thoughts.

Whiskeyman

It's great to see members meet for real. It will increase the community feel of this group. Great pictures coming out of that trip as well. I envy you Don and Gloria.

Maybe we could organize some kind of field trip sometimes...

Food for thoughts.

Marcel, I can tell you from our Sunshine State Meet in February of this year, and from Marilynne's fantastic guided tour of Wako in June of last year that meeting others from this forum is a great experience. I highly recommend it!

WM

Started off this morning by getting out to this location before sunrise only to be greeted by rain but it did get one good shot. Ended the day very late and did get one good shot there also. Here are the two shots.
NIKON D7100 - 24.0-120.0 mm f-4.0 - 1-45 sec at f - 6.7 - 24 mm_.jpg

NIKON D7100 - 11.0-16.0 mm f-2.8 - 15.0 sec at f - 2.8 - 13 mm_.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
WOW!

What a great shot this rainbow... Perfect light and composition. Seems like you'll need more wall space once you get back home. :)

Michael J.

On Facebook I can see tons of great photos taken by Gloria, (Don's lovely wife) by Don, and as well as taken by George, also known as MoabMan. First thank you for sharing. My Question to you: Did you use any filter during your Photo journey, in particular a CPL Filter?

Last edited:

Moab Man

Don and I are using CPLs. Even though, ideally you have the Sun off of your shoulder when shooting, using the CPL in any direction still helps with reflection of the sandy rock and the blue sky.