+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Danno's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I'm glad you have enjoyed your Z6 so much. After spending some time thinking about it, I've decided to upgrade to the Z6 instead of a new DSLR. I've heard so many good things about this camera.
    I really think you will like it @Nero. It is a nice system. I went with the kit that included the ZTF adapter and the 24-70 f4 lens. I followed that pretty quickly with the purchase of the 50mm f1.8 S lens. I have not been disappointed.

    This camera has some different focus modes and some buttons on the side of the viewfinder and for the display that you should play with. The EVF will blow you away and so will low light performance.

    Congratulations on your decisson


    › See More: Two Months With The Z6
    Dan~~Kentucky

    "The natural man must know in order to believe; The spiritual man must believe in order to know. " ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer ~ "The Dwelling Place of God"

    Nikon Z 6 Nikon D7200 w/Grip, Nikon D700 w/Grip, AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm/1.8G, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 F/2.8
    Yongnuo Speedlight YN568EX, Vanguard ALTA Pro 264AB Tripod, Vanguard
    SBH-100 ball head Beike Gimbal Head, ARCA Swiss B1 ball head

    https://www.dailywalkinthelight.com



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Nero's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I really think you will like it @Nero. It is a nice system. I went with the kit that included the ZTF adapter and the 24-70 f4 lens. I followed that pretty quickly with the purchase of the 50mm f1.8 S lens. I have not been disappointed.

    This camera has some different focus modes and some buttons on the side of the viewfinder and for the display that you should play with. The EVF will blow you away and so will low light performance.

    Congratulations on your decisson
    I'm thinking about getting the camera+kit lens bundle and then saving up for the adapter after. The fact that it's full frame plus the lens's focal range means i can shoot most of what I usually shoot with that alone until I can get the adapter. The 50mm f/1.8 looks amazing but it's expensive for what it is.
    Nikon D7200
    Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8
    Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.8G
    Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro
    Nikon 70-300mm AF-S f/4.5-5.6G
    Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Danno's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I'm thinking about getting the camera+kit lens bundle and then saving up for the adapter after. The fact that it's full frame plus the lens's focal range means i can shoot most of what I usually shoot with that alone until I can get the adapter. The 50mm f/1.8 looks amazing but it's expensive for what it is.
    That ts not a bad approach. The 24-70 f4 stays on my Z6 most of the time. I use te adapter quite a bit but it still is less than the Z lenses.
    Dan~~Kentucky

    "The natural man must know in order to believe; The spiritual man must believe in order to know. " ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer ~ "The Dwelling Place of God"

    Nikon Z 6 Nikon D7200 w/Grip, Nikon D700 w/Grip, AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm/1.8G, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 F/2.8
    Yongnuo Speedlight YN568EX, Vanguard ALTA Pro 264AB Tripod, Vanguard
    SBH-100 ball head Beike Gimbal Head, ARCA Swiss B1 ball head

    https://www.dailywalkinthelight.com

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Nero's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Yeah. I'd love to get the f/2.8 version but it's way too expensive.
    Nikon D7200
    Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8
    Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.8G
    Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro
    Nikon 70-300mm AF-S f/4.5-5.6G
    Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Danno's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Yeah. I'd love to get the f/2.8 version but it's way too expensive.
    I think if I get a 2.8 lens it will be the 70-200 lens. My Tamron G2 sees a lot of use on my Z6 too but it is heavy. I know the Z version will not be significantly lighter, but i would expect a slight reduction.
    Dan~~Kentucky

    "The natural man must know in order to believe; The spiritual man must believe in order to know. " ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer ~ "The Dwelling Place of God"

    Nikon Z 6 Nikon D7200 w/Grip, Nikon D700 w/Grip, AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm/1.8G, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 F/2.8
    Yongnuo Speedlight YN568EX, Vanguard ALTA Pro 264AB Tripod, Vanguard
    SBH-100 ball head Beike Gimbal Head, ARCA Swiss B1 ball head

    https://www.dailywalkinthelight.com

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Nero's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Financially speaking, I'd rather get the adapter and use my f-mount lenses until I can slowly transfer to all Z-mount lenses.
    Nikon D7200
    Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8
    Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.8G
    Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro
    Nikon 70-300mm AF-S f/4.5-5.6G
    Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight

  7. #17
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    I did a search on 500px for Nikon Z6 and came up with the following link - in case anyone wants to check out some images. There's probably a Flickr group, but I didn't look. Glad you've been enjoying yours, Dan.

    https://500px.com/search?submit=Subm...z6&type=photos
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Nero's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    I did a search on 500px for Nikon Z6 and came up with the following link - in case anyone wants to check out some images. There's probably a Flickr group, but I didn't look. Glad you've been enjoying yours, Dan.

    https://500px.com/search?submit=Subm...z6&type=photos
    Been seeing a lot on Instagram too. They look great, but I know that's not really the camera alone. :P
    Nikon D7200
    Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8
    Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.8G
    Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro
    Nikon 70-300mm AF-S f/4.5-5.6G
    Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Danno's Avatar

    Re: Two Months With The Z6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Financially speaking, I'd rather get the adapter and use my f-mount lenses until I can slowly transfer to all Z-mount lenses.
    I bought the 24-70 f4 and FTZ adapter kit with my Z6. I bought the 50 f1.8 a week later.

    I use the adapter for the 70-200 f2.8 Tamron G2 and Nikon 14-24 f 2.8. But I am thinking about selling the 14-24 to buy the 14-30 f4. I really like the S lenses.

    I really enjoy this camera.
    Dan~~Kentucky

    "The natural man must know in order to believe; The spiritual man must believe in order to know. " ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer ~ "The Dwelling Place of God"

    Nikon Z 6 Nikon D7200 w/Grip, Nikon D700 w/Grip, AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm/1.8G, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 F/2.8
    Yongnuo Speedlight YN568EX, Vanguard ALTA Pro 264AB Tripod, Vanguard
    SBH-100 ball head Beike Gimbal Head, ARCA Swiss B1 ball head

    https://www.dailywalkinthelight.com





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •