Post your panoramic shots.

bluzman

Westport Harbor, WA with Coolpix B700

DSCN0006-0010_stitch_L_C_sm.jpg

DSCN0018-0022_stitch_L_C_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Clovishound

Re: Let's see some stitched panoramas…

This is my first attempt at panorama shots. It was taken at a nearby park that contains the remains of old rice fields from an antebellum plantation. They have a dock with boats you can either take out yourself or pay for a guided tour. There was a group of school children coming down to the dock so I hurried up and shot two series, then moved on before the screaming hordes descended.

One thing I will do differently next time, I'll try and include the dock throughout the entire set of photos. In reality, this dock is straight, rather than heading off at 90 degrees from each other. For reference, the first was a series of horizontal shots, and the second, vertical shots. Looking at them right now, I think I also forgot to adjust the distortion at the edges in the second one. Not sure it's worth going through the entire process again to fix that on this pic.

_DAB2982-3-Pano.jpg

_DAB2993-3-Pano.jpg

Any constructive criticisms welcomed. Like I said, this was my first attempt, and I would like to improve at it, even if it is not a technique I will likely use often, but I can see where it might be a good option for some situations.

nikonpup

Re: Let's see some stitched panoramas…

This is my first attempt at panorama shots. It was taken at a nearby park that contains the remains of old rice fields from an antebellum plantation. They have a dock with boats you can either take out yourself or pay for a guided tour. There was a group of school children coming down to the dock so I hurried up and shot two series, then moved on before the screaming hordes descended.

One thing I will do differently next time, I'll try and include the dock throughout the entire set of photos. In reality, this dock is straight, rather than heading off at 90 degrees from each other. For reference, the first was a series of horizontal shots, and the second, vertical shots. Looking at them right now, I think I also forgot to adjust the distortion at the edges in the second one. Not sure it's worth going through the entire process again to fix that on this pic.

View attachment 382321

View attachment 382320

Any constructive criticisms welcomed. Like I said, this was my first attempt, and I would like to improve at it, even if it is not a technique I will likely use often, but I can see where it might be a good option for some situations.

IMO more than three shots shoot vertical. Search the internet "handheld panorama techniques". Check for tutorials on panos on the photo software you use. Practice - practice - practice.

Clovishound

These were 6 and 7 shots respectively, and were shot on a tripod.

I went ahead and made some adjustments in distortion in Lightroom in the finished photo, rather than starting from scratch and adjusting the distortion as part of the stitching process in Lightroom.

I'm not sure including the dock fits well with this technique. If I have it in the frame in all the pictures, I will likely end up with a U from a straight line dock. Still, might be worth trying. I do like the interest and framing of the boats in the foreground. This park is relatively nearby, and we have an annual pass, so I can shoot it again at my convenience.

_DAB2993-3-Pano-3.jpg

nikonpup

I went ahead and made some adjustments in distortion in Lightroom in the finished photo, rather than starting from scratch and adjusting the distortion as part of the stitching process in Lightroom.

I'm not sure including the dock fits well with this technique. If I have it in the frame in all the pictures, I will likely end up with a U from a straight line dock. Still, might be worth trying. I do like the interest and framing of the boats in the foreground. This park is relatively nearby, and we have an annual pass, so I can shoot it again at my convenience.

View attachment 382335[/QUOTEdID YOU TRY THE 3 DIFFERENT PROJECTIONS IN LIGHTROOM - THEY MADE A DIFFERENCE ON HOW THE PHOTOS LOOK WHEN MERGED. SPHERICAL - CYLINDRICAL - PERESPECTIVE

Peter7100

View attachment 382335

This one is much better IMO after you have adjusted the distortion. As you say, I would tend to agree that two foreground docks moving away from each other may not be the best subjects for panoramas. Something like the background trees with water reflections might work better.