Post your Meet and Greet here

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is NOT my picture, but the one my sister Louise took of me and Marilynne at Wakodahatchee wetlands this morning. I want to thank Marilynne for her superb hospitality. You can almost see Line on the right side of the picture. If Louise hadn't centered me and Marilynne, we'd see Line. :)

Forgot to mention - glad Chris was having a good day and was able to meet all of you.

Whiskeyman

This is NOT my picture, but the one my sister Louise took of me and Marilynne at Wakodahatchee wetlands this morning. I want to thank Marilynne for her superb hospitality. You can almost see Line on the right side of the picture. If Louise hadn't centered me and Marilynne, we'd see Line. :)

Marcel, Marilynne gave me the VIP treatment on the Wako tour several years ago. There's no better way to see the place for the first time than with her guidance and expert knowledge of the place.

I can't wait to get back down there soon!

Wayne

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel, Marilynne gave me the VIP treatment on the Wako tour several years ago. There's no better way to see the place for the first time than with her guidance and expert knowledge of the place.

I can't wait to get back down there soon!

Wayne

Thanks for the kind words Wayne! Anytime you're here, I'll meet with you, if I don't have other plans.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
D72_0988.jpg

Louise (my sister, Line and Marilynne).
D72_1337.jpg

canuck257

Minus 35 centigrade/celsius sounds colder than minus 31 fahrenheit.... Besides, that's 238 kelvin, which sounds quite warm!! ;)

WM

_35 C in the conditions we experienced, no wind and bright sun, is very tolerable and pleasant. The slightest activity caused us to sweat because of all the layers we were wearing.

Whiskeyman

_35 C in the conditions we experienced, no wind and bright sun, is very tolerable and pleasant. The slightest activity caused us to sweat because of all the layers we were wearing.

The worst I ever saw in Alaska was about 30F. (It was late Spring and I only spent about two weeks there.). In North Dakota, though, I saw something like -38 F with winds of over 50 knots. That,... was not fun.

WM

richnmib

The worst I ever saw in Alaska was about 30F. (It was late Spring and I only spent about two weeks there.). In North Dakota, though, I saw something like -38 F with winds of over 50 knots. That,... was not fun.

WM

I was stationed in Fairbanks for four years, coldest I experienced was -76!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know if I posted these 2 shots before or where, but here's what I was able to get. I feel bad because I only had my prime 300mm and couldn't get the whole group in the pictures...

D72_0426.jpg

D72_0446.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
LOL I look on a mission and Pete @Blacktop looks wore out :D
Pete did look wore out. But he's not wearing a hat. And it was hot. I find that a hat keeps me cooler since the sun doesn't hit my head, and it also keeps the sweat from dripping in my eyes. :)
And yes Kevin, you did look like on a mission.