Nikon D3200 giving excessive noisy blurred images after 50 images

Harman_007

Hi

I took out my d3200 outside and shot around 50 images with it. After around 50 images, it starts to give very noisy and blurred images. However, after keeping it aside for 20 mins, the picture quality gets back to normal. Please let me know what is the issue and how to fix it.

Below are the images after taking 50 photos and after resting the camera for around 20 mins. DSC_0108-2.jpgDSC_0109-2.jpg

Needa

Challenge Team
Possibly lens fogging? Inspect the lens front element if it happens again. Usually is caused by going from a warm environment (house or car) to a cold environment or the opposite.

Harman_007

Yes, it was the issue. I went again to shoot and captured 400 pictures while taking care of the temperature changes. And it performed perfectly.

Any tips on how to avoid condensation are most welcome.

Thanks

Dangerspouse

Yes, it was the issue. I went again to shoot and captured 400 pictures while taking care of the temperature changes. And it performed perfectly.

Any tips on how to avoid condensation are most welcome.

Thanks

Read this missive on shooting in cold weather from Nikon. The whole thing is very good, but I'll cut and paste the paragraph that's probably most relavent to you:

"When you go outside into the cold with your camera, place it in a backpack or camera bag. This way, if you're going indoors to warm up, place the camera in the bag, zip it shut and allow it to gradually warm up. If it warms too quickly, it will fog up. (This also happens when you go from an air-conditioned building outside into hot and humid temperatures in the summer). You may have to wait for it to acclimate to the temperature before you can take more pictures."

So basically it comes down to patience. You can't fight science :)

Hope this helped!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
One of the problems you might face if you don't allow the body/lens to acclimate slowly is fungus. That body or lens probably doesn't offer the best weather sealing which might be why this is happening. Some of the mid-range bodies and lenses offer better weather sealing. I was always told to put the camera in a plastic bag before bringing it inside. That way the condensation doesn't form inside the bag. What I do on really cold days is to carry a large trash bag. Then I can easily put my entire camera bag inside it and temporarily seal the trash bag with a twist tie.

Needa

Challenge Team
Two gallon size Ziploc bag work great for just camea and small lens.

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.
We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

Glade we were able to help you solve your issue.