New Forum

Needa

Challenge Team
This may relate back to your ISP's blacklist... Some systems don't like the type of email traffic a site like this creates...and black list those sites... It would take some sleuthing to find out what sites your ISP has blacklisted... and even then, they may NOT be amendable to removing the block.
Do you know what the Domain they are being sent from?

Dawg Pics

However, nikonites.com is back to the previous issue of displaying weird data. Fred Kingston's magic (as show below) is no longer working for Firefox after several attempts (it was working for a while).

I get a weird page on my iPad using Safari if I try to open up the site by using nikonites.com
If I use Nikonites.com/forum, the site pulls up just fine. I don't know if that is of help to you or not.

Fred Kingston

I get a weird page on my iPad using Safari if I try to open up the site by using nikonites.com
If I use Nikonites.com/forum, the site pulls up just fine. I don't know if that is of help to you or not.
It does... if folks use a shortcut to the nikonites.com address, they'll think it's failing... the solution is to delete the bookmark/shortcut/link and create a new one pointing to Nikonites.com/forum

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Please take note of this if you want to receive email notifications for threads. After searching through the settings options available to receive email notifications, I didn't see anything specific for threads. Then I noticed this tonight.

Scroll to the top of a thread you wish to receive email notifications.

1. Click on Watch. That opens dialogue box 2.

Make your choice there. My default was the second option without receiving email notifications. Switch it to the first option and receive email notifications. See if that will generate the email notifications.

watched thread notifications.png

blackstar

Please take note of this if you want to receive email notifications for threads. After searching through the settings options available to receive email notifications, I didn't see anything specific for threads. Then I noticed this tonight.

Scroll to the top of a thread you wish to receive email notifications.

1. Click on Watch. That opens dialogue box 2.

Make your choice there. My default was the second option without receiving email notifications. Switch it to the first option and receive email notifications. See if that will generate the email notifications.

View attachment 384705
For Watch -> dialogue box 2, my default is the first option "and receive email notifications"... it doesn't work for me.

Camera Fun

We use Edge & DuckDuckGo. If I try just nikonites.com then I get a weird page with just text that is shoved to the left side of the page. If I use nikonites.com/forum then I get in without any problem. And I have been receiving emails for threads I'm following.

Fred Kingston

You would need to get @jdeg involved with checking whether Nikonites in on SBCGlobal.net's blacklist... First thing I'd do is raise a support ticket with SBCGlobal.net that emails are being sent (after confirming with JDEG that they are) and you're NOT receiving them...
And probably the easiest thing to do is get a gmail acct. and change your email address here to the gmail acct. <--it's free... Then simply setup the gmail acct. to Forward all email to the sbcglobal acct...

blackstar

Is it now only I can't receive this forum notification email? Needa?
You would need to get @jdeg involved with checking whether Nikonites in on SBCGlobal.net's blacklist... First thing I'd do is raise a support ticket with SBCGlobal.net that emails are being sent (after confirming with JDEG that they are) and you're NOT receiving them...

Needa

Challenge Team
And probably the easiest thing to do is get a gmail acct. and change your email address here to the gmail acct. <--it's free... Then simply setup the gmail acct. to Forward all email to the sbcglobal acct...
I would not recomend this course of action at this time. Tried another email provider I could not receive the verification email for the change and was locked out of various functions, requiring mod intervention. The email was not stuck in junk or bulk mailing. The first step, I believe would be to verify that the emails are being sent to persons having the problem.

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

I would not recomend this course of action at this time. Tried another email provider I could not receive the verification email for the change and was locked out of various functions, requiring mod intervention. The email was not stuck in junk or bulk mailing. The first step, I believe would be to verify that the emails are being sent to persons having the problem.

Yes... I should have highlighted that as the primary first step...verifying that an email is being sent to your email address..... Although, having a gmail acct as a filter is generally a good idea anyway...