New Forum

Bikerbrent

Okay, let's see if we can clear your caches on Firefox... Open the History tab above in Firefox and click the Clear History tab... Select EVERYTHING in the Time Range box and press the Ok button... close and re-open Firefox and try to goto Nikonites.com/forum
Hey Fred, It looks like this worked. Will work with it some more and let you know. Thank you very much!!!! :)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I spoke too soon. Firefox is working OK, but it is picking up my Bikerbrent test instead of just Bikerbrent. No body seems able to delete the Bikerbrent Page!! :mad:
I think I finally found "Bikerbrent test" and deleted it. Try it again please.

Bikerbrent

OK, here is the latest! Marilynne (with Hark assistance) got both Google Chrome and Microsoft Bing working great . However Firefox is back to it's game. Nikonites - Nikon User Community still works great. However, nikonites.com is back to the previous issue of displaying weird data. Fred Kingston's magic (as show below) is no longer working for Firefox after several attempts (it was working for a while).

Okay, let's see if we can clear your caches on Firefox... Open the History tab above in Firefox and click the Clear History tab... Select EVERYTHING in the Time Range box and press the Ok button... close and re-open Firefox and try to go to Nikonites.com/forum

I am getting completely burned out on this and I will live with the Google Chrome version unless Fred Kingston or someone else can create their magic and make Firefox work properly again.

Thank everyone for your help. I really appreciate it as a 76 year old man whose memory is not what it use to be. Not having access to a xenForo manual (they expect jdeg to write one, and he is far to busy to create a manual) really makes every thing with this program a challenge for me.

Fred Kingston

The only thing I can recommend at this point is for Brent to totally delete FireFox off the device... and do a completely new install of FireFox.

Needa

Challenge Team
If he is using an old bookmark it may be taking him to Nikonites.com which has not been restored. It exists but looks like an index page with many broken links.

TwistedThrottle

My issue with my desktop has been resolved. The website is incompatible for whatever reason with the portal I use for work. Not logged in for work? This site works fine. Logged in for work and it’s a nogo. Have to restart my machine after every work login too in order for the site to get past the error 403 and certificates notice. Just for this site and just since yesterday. Weird but repeatable.

Fred Kingston

If he is using an old bookmark it may be taking him to Nikonites.com which has not been restored. It exists but looks like an index page with many broken links.
Correct...

What @Needa is referring to is... if you type (or have a bookmark or shortcut set) to NIKONITES.COM it will most likely fail...

You need to remove your shortcut/bookmark and create a new one that points to "Nikonites.com/forum"

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I was getting that also. Only worked if I went in through an email until I corrected the bookmark.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Question ... and this might be of help to @nikonpup. I'm not sure the email notifications work the same way as the old forum. For subscribed threads, we used to be able to receive instant email notifications. Does this new forum only allow forum alerts instead of email notification for subscribed threads? On the link below, there is a section to receive Alert Notifications. If there is a different checkbox somewhere to receive email notifications for subscriptions, where is it? I don't see anything specific to receive emails for threads.

https://nikonites.com/forum/account/preferences

I see this:

Email options
  • Receive news and update emails
  • Receive activity summary emailWe will keep you updated about new content when you haven't visited for a while.
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received

OR this:

Receive a notification when someone…​

Posts in a watched forum
  • Alert
Replies to a watched thread
  • Alert
Quotes your message
  • Alert
Mentions you in a message
  • Alert
Reacts to your message
  • Alert

Adds a new media item to a watched album or category
  • Alert
Mentions you in a media item description
  • Alert
Reacts to your media item
  • Alert

Gives you permission to view a personal album
  • Alert
Gives you permission to add media to a personal album
  • Alert
Mentions you in an album description
  • Alert
Reacts to your album
  • Alert

Comments on a watched media item or album
  • Alert
Quotes your media or album comment
  • Alert
Mentions you in a media or album comment
  • Alert
Reacts to your media or album comment
  • Alert

Rates your media item or album
  • Alert

Posts on your profile
  • Alert
Mentions you in a profile post or comment
  • Alert
Reacts to your profile post
  • Alert

Comments on your profile or status
  • Alert
Comments on your profile posts for other members
  • Alert
Also comments on a profile post
  • Alert
Reacts to your profile post comment
  • Alert

Reacts to your message in a conversation
  • Alert

Starts following you
  • Alert

Awards you a new trophy
  • Alert

Bikerbrent

The only thing I can recommend at this point is for Brent to totally delete FireFox off the device... and do a completely new install of FireFox.
I tried just updating my FireFox, but no help! If I totally delete Firefox, then I reinstall it, will I lose an data? If so, I will live with what i have!

Fred Kingston

This is a test
I tried just updating my FireFox, but no help! If I totally delete Firefox, then I reinstall it, will I lose an data? If so, I will live with what i have!
Well... sorta yeah, sorta No... A browser is basically a massive configuration code...cookies etc... Depending on how you use it, it can either be a serious issue (losing all your shortcuts and cookies) or Not... What would happen is, every time you go to a particular site that you regularly visit, you'd have to re-create all your credentials again...

Fred Kingston

Still have no joy receiving none any notification emails. Do you, Needa?
This may relate back to your ISP's blacklist... Some systems don't like the type of email traffic a site like this creates...and black list those sites... It would take some sleuthing to find out what sites your ISP has blacklisted... and even then, they may NOT be amendable to removing the block.

Bikerbrent

I'll just live with what I have. I am very tired of fiddling with this program and risking everything important with me. I am really beginning to miss the old program!!