New firmware updates

Bikerbrent

Interesting that the only firmware updates Nikon are providing now appears to be for the Z cameras! They seem to have no interest in DSLR camera support any more. I am still waiting for the D7200 update to allow full use of AFP Lenses! I have been waiting for the update for several years now, but have given up!!

BF Hammer

Since the original post we now have an actual update for the Z5 also...

Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.20 to 1.21

• • Fixed an issue that in rare circumstances resulted in vibration reduction failing to function after the firmware was upgraded to version 1.20.

How would I even confirm if VR has been working on my Z5? I had to upgrade to 1.20 on the first day to allow my FTZ-II adapter to work. Yes that is the only change line for the new firmware. No new features for us with the economy body.

BF Hammer

Z5 v1.40 now available for download. Many fixes and enhancements to the autofocus.

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/485.html
  • • Added support for the iOS version of NX MobileAir. Use NX MobileAir version 1.0.4 or later.
  • • Added support for MC-N10 remote grips.
  • • Added support for ML-L7 remote controls.
  • • Eye-detection AF is now available during video recording.
  • • [Save focus position] and [Recall focus position] have been added to the roles that can be assigned using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls] in the [CUSTOM SETTING MENU]. As of February 14, 2023, these options were supported with the following lenses:
    • - NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S
    • - NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S
    • - NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
    • - NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
    • - NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
  • • Improved eye-detection performance for [Auto-area AF].
  • • Improved the refresh rate for the focus points displayed in live view during subject-tracking and face/eye-detection AF.
  • • The behavior of autofocus during memory recall has been improved to ensure that the focus position will not change in any focus mode even if the shutter-release button is pressed halfway while focus recall is in progress.
  • • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the camera to stop responding when [Auto] was selected for [Set Picture Control] in the [PHOTO SHOOTING MENU].