mc-dc2 cord and live view

mange1304

Hello, I'm a new member, and I have a question about my D7500 when in live view. If i connect the MC-DC2 wired remote release the rear screen does not work. Is this normal? Without the cord all is OK.
I don't use the cord that much, but when I do I am not usually using live view.

Chris

Needa

Challenge Team
Hello and welcome. Maybe one of our D7500 user will be able give you an answer.

Why not participate in our Weekly Photo Challenges and Monthly Assignments.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome!

Also, please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/new-member-introductions/

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

[FONT=&quot]You might want to start a 365/daily thread here[/FONT] - https://nikonites.com/project-365-and-daily-photos/

Fred Kingston

Hello, I'm a new member, and I have a question about my D7500 when in live view. If i connect the MC-DC2 wired remote release the rear screen does not work. Is this normal? Without the cord all is OK.
I don't use the cord that much, but when I do I am not usually using live view.

Chris

Works fine on my D750... Make sure your autofocus Menu settings A1, and A2 are set to "release"...

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Chris, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

Also, I am sure a D7500 will help you shortly.

TwistedThrottle

D7500 user here- I use the wired remote when doing astro and the rear screen is how I focus, so no problems here. That being said, my wired remote is aftermarket but I doubt that'd have a different outcome. If live view goes black once you plug in the chord, try hitting the live view button again after the chord is attached.

mange1304

Hello again. Thanks for the suggestions, but after a bit of trial and error I find that the only way I can get live view and use the remote is to have live view working before I connect the remote. Connecting the remote first completely disables the rear screen, I don't even get the menu or the review screen. it's a bit frustrating but now I know what's what I shall be able to carry on

Dawg Pics

@mange1304 Egg-on-face is a common occurrence on here. Glad you got it sorted.
I don't think I would have considered the card not being inserted in the camera. I am sure this will help somebody in the future.