HELP Play and Menu buttons not working

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you so much. I haven't used my camera in months because nothing worked. I got out some pliers and pulled out the button next to the view finder and like magic my entire camera came back to life. I am so happy right now!!! Thanks again.

Welcome!

Glad we were able to help solve your problem.

Please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard wisab87, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

I don't have a d7500, but I am certain someone will be along.

BetZHohe

My back screen will not work. I have tried everything mentioned here. I accidentally found that if I press down two buttons at the same time while turning on the camera the MENU lights up on the back screen. Once I let go of either button I am back to black back LCD screen and none of the MENU, Info, playback buttons will light up the back screen. People mention factory reboot and when I follow directions it won't flash on and off in top area so that suggests it's not factory rebooting.

Any other ideas? I am thinking it's a software issue. I cleaned every button and ran a toothpick around each one as well.

USNatureLover

Well, I've had my Nikon D5200 for appx 9 yrs and mine just started doing this today. None of the buttons are in stuck mode. I can see things on the LCD screen to set ISO, etc. however the dial nor buttons allow me to get to the menu (button doesn't work either). So now I'm stuck and none of the buttons are. Any ideas? I removed the SD card, battery etc. and left out for a while and nothing. I was using it for macro and when I went to press the photo review button, nothing happened, just a blue screen with the dials etc and not like it was before when pressing the buttons to change ISO etc.

Fred Kingston

First thing is do a camera reset. There are two Green dots next to or on buttons on your camera... Turn the camera ON, and hold the two buttons with the green dots down at the same time for a few seconds while watching the top LCD display. You should ses the LCD display blink when the camera has reset... See if that works.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard USNatureLover, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

USNatureLover

First thing is do a camera reset. There are two Green dots next to or on buttons on your camera... Turn the camera ON, and hold the two buttons with the green dots down at the same time for a few seconds while watching the top LCD display. You should ses the LCD display blink when the camera has reset... See if that works.
Thank You SO MUCH Fred!! At first it didn't do anything, then I changed the dial to AUTO and voila, it came back to life. I've searched so many forums and Nikon and to my dismay, there wasn't much help. Two Green Dots was the key and successfully reset. The LCD didn't blink at all and that's when I decided to turn it to Auto after holding them down and that's when everything came back to life....
Again, Thank you very much for you time and assistance.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank You SO MUCH Fred!! At first it didn't do anything, then I changed the dial to AUTO and voila, it came back to life. I've searched so many forums and Nikon and to my dismay, there wasn't much help. Two Green Dots was the key and successfully reset. The LCD didn't blink at all and that's when I decided to turn it to Auto after holding them down and that's when everything came back to life....
Again, Thank you very much for you time and assistance.
Welcome!

Glad Fred was able to help solve your problem.

Please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/forum/forums/new-member-introductions.35/post-thread