D7100 vs D7000

streetglideok

I have a dilemma myself here. We have had the D3100 now for almost three trouble free years. I finally got the blessing from the wife to add to the collection. I don't think I can stomach the full upgrade of a D610 and FX glass, so that leaves me with the D7000 used or a D7100 new. I can get a 7000 for $500 locally, or well, you know the cost of a new D7100. We plan to hold on to the lil 3100, as my wife is pretty familiar with it now. Mostly landscape photography right now, though that could change sometime.

Revet

I have seen the D7100 for as low as $799 (google it) from a camera store in NJ. I am close to pulling the trigger. I hope they release the D7200 one day as that will bring the 7100 down in price. Of course then I have the problem of wanting to buy the 7200!!!

Horoscope Fish

I have a dilemma myself here. We have had the D3100 now for almost three trouble free years. I finally got the blessing from the wife to add to the collection. I don't think I can stomach the full upgrade of a D610 and FX glass, so that leaves me with the D7000 used or a D7100 new. I can get a 7000 for $500 locally, or well, you know the cost of a new D7100. We plan to hold on to the lil 3100, as my wife is pretty familiar with it now. Mostly landscape photography right now, though that could change sometime.
If this is pretty much a one-shot deal, and it sounds like it is, suck it up and go with the 7100; you won't regret it. I have seen the difference removing the OLPF makes and it's reason enough, IMO, to get the 7100 over the 7000.

Patrick M

If this is pretty much a one-shot deal, and it sounds like it is, suck it up and go with the 7100; you won't regret it. I have seen the difference removing the OLPF makes and it's reason enough, IMO, to get the 7100 over the 7000.

Totally agree. I went from the D3100 to the D7100 and WOW I love it. IMHO it's the best "almost" pro DSLR that you can get

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

sonicbuffalo_RIP

My choice for which camera to use is tough....should I take the D610, or the D7100? It's good to be able to choose between the 2. Of course, I'm thinking of selling the D7100 and the 18-140 mm lens it came with. I don't know though...might keep both cameras.