Coffee anyone

Peter7100

street2.jpg

Bikerbrent

Thank you Peter. Looking at your photo, I don't really think they ride the bike to work!! Also wonder if they provide Tea, as I know that is big on that part of the world.

Last edited:

Clovishound

Edinburgh, isn't that where Tristan Farnon was always heading off to vet school?

On a side note, I have a picture of him and me taken a few years ago. OK, it was one I paid for at a convention, but it was him standing next to me. Funny thing is, he is purported to be 6' 1". I'm 5' 10" and look about the same height as him in the picture.

Clovishound

What? You never watched All Creatures Great and Small?:eek:

Tristan was played by Peter Davison, who went on to play Dr Who in the 80s. He was a decent Dr Who, but was absolutely perfect as Tristan in All Creatures. I got a chance to meet him at a Dr Who convention several years ago. My family is a big fan of British TV.

Needa

Challenge Team

Tristan was played by Peter Davison, who went on to play Dr Who in the 80s. He was a decent Dr Who, but was absolutely perfect as Tristan in All Creatures. I got a chance to meet him at a Dr Who convention several years ago. My family is a big fan of British TV.
I got the reference. Watched? o_O Read the books.

Clovishound

I got the reference. Watched? o_O Read the books.
Read the books before seeing the first series. I haven't been able to make myself watch the new series. The picture of Mrs Hall looks like she in in her 30s. :confused:

The original was filmed with the assistance of Dr Wight AKA James Herriot. Why they would think they could do a better job eludes me.

Peter7100

I have to admit that I have never watched a single episode of All Creatures, yet I know many people that love it.

Of course I have seen Dr Who, although I must prefer the older stuff as I think it has gone downhill in recent years.

Clovishound

The first Dr Who convention we went to was all classic Who actors. Including some that went back to the Hartnell years. They lost me with Matt Smith, although Peter Capaldi was pretty good. We saw him and Michelle Gomez at the last one we attended. She was incredibly entertaining. Frazer Hines (Jamie) was a real character as well. We also got a chance to see William Russell, who played Ian Chesterton in the very first episode. BTW, he is still alive today and approaching 100 years old.