Chicagohenge

Bikerbrent

Very impassive hark! I had not even heard about this in Chicago spring/fall equinox. If I am ever in the area at the right time, I can promise I would be at my camera!

Dangerspouse

This is actually HUGE in NYC. In fact, it makes all the newscasts well before the actual event so people can plan ahead. Quite a few do, as it really is spectacular to see the sun perfectly aligned between rows of buildings on either side. If you've never been to Manhattan, their street plan is laid out like a grid for the most part, which makes it easy to do this. All the Avenues run north/south, all the streets run east/west. So just stand on any street and look towards the sun, and on Manhattanhenge Day you will see it perfectly in place for a gorgeous photo. If you want a slightly different setting, just move up or down the Avenue to get a more north or south perspective. Google images of it to see some amazing views you can acheive this way!

Peter7100

Has anyone ever heard about this? The sunrise and sunset near the spring/fall equinox causes the sun to position itself directly between the buildings. Lots of people gather to photograph it.

https://6abc.com/chicagohenge-2022-...qoFuisSQ_jfW2WGCf4agwvzvPb6IR5XJllLs7CqKljay0

Yes, Pierre T Lambert, photographer on youtube has taken shots of this a few times.

rx25h8DJReaUqyMOcF6H

BF Hammer

I've heard about it for Manhattan going back several years. There are possibilities for any city that is laid out in a grid that follows due E-W lines.