+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88
  1. #51
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    I am still wondering how the lighter Tamron 150-600 will be to carry and shoot. Renting it so I will find out it is is more than I want to carry around. It is getting here on Monday so I have a couple of days to play with it before I head south. I have a monopod so will check to see it it is more trouble than it is worth for shooting. Pretty sure a tripod just would not work for BIF since you really need to be more mobile. Either way I can't wait to get to Lakeland and start shooting.


    › See More: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens
    Thanks/Like Danno, Blacktop Thanks/liked this post
     

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC



  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Kevin H's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kuykendall View Post
    I am still wondering how the lighter Tamron 150-600 will be to carry and shoot. Renting it so I will find out it is is more than I want to carry around. It is getting here on Monday so I have a couple of days to play with it before I head south. I have a monopod so will check to see it it is more trouble than it is worth for shooting. Pretty sure a tripod just would not work for BIF since you really need to be more mobile. Either way I can't wait to get to Lakeland and start shooting.
    I'll carry it and give you my 55-300 for the day
    Thanks/Like Don Kuykendall, Blacktop Thanks/liked this post
     
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon D7100 (she's Dead)
    Nikon D5100
    Nikon 300 f4
    Nikon 55-300
    Nikon 18-105
    Nikon 35mm f1.8 DX
    Tamron 90 f2.8 macro
    Sigma 10-20 f3.5
    Sigma 150-500

    My Flickr

  3. #53
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
    I'll carry it and give you my 55-300 for the day

    Well you already have the Sigma 150-500 LOL

    I also have the Nikon 70-300. I have gotten used to carrying it around all day.

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Challenge Team
    Blacktop's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kuykendall View Post
    Well you already have the Sigma 150-500 LOL

    I also have the Nikon 70-300. I have gotten used to carrying it around all day.
    Here is a comparison between the 70-300 and the 200-500. I think the Tammy might be a little skinnier being f/6.3 but it is a 100mm longer. So they might be the same size.

    Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens-_dsc0489.jpg
    Thanks/Like Don Kuykendall Thanks/liked this post
     
    Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 AF-D
    Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5-D
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8-D
    Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 VR
    Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8 VR I
    Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 VR
    Pete's Flickr... Blacktop's Photo and a Song .... Blacktops 365

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
    Here is a comparison between the 70-300 and the 200-500. I think the Tammy might be a little skinnier being f/6.3 but it is a 100mm longer. So they might be the same size.

    Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens-_dsc0489.jpg
    Thats interesting,i had put the Nikon in my mind as being thicker and heavier but not considered it possibly being shorter,if its shorter on the body of the lens not just the hood it could make it a bit easier for me to handle.
    Mike

    Olympus EM1MK11,Olympus40-150 f2.8 and 1.4 TC, Olympus 60mm macro

    Olympus EM10 MK11,14-42

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Challenge Team
    Blacktop's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Thats interesting,i had put the Nikon in my mind as being thicker and heavier but not considered it possibly being shorter,if its shorter on the body of the lens not just the hood it could make it a bit easier for me to handle.
    Doesn't your local camera shop has one in stock you could try out?
    Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 AF-D
    Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5-D
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8-D
    Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 VR
    Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8 VR I
    Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 VR
    Pete's Flickr... Blacktop's Photo and a Song .... Blacktops 365

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Challenge Team
    Blacktop's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Thats interesting,i had put the Nikon in my mind as being thicker and heavier but not considered it possibly being shorter,if its shorter on the body of the lens not just the hood it could make it a bit easier for me to handle.
    Here is a chart to compare.


    Nikon 200-500mm vs Tamron 150-600mm vs Sigma 150-600mm (C & S) Specs Comparison
    Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 AF-D
    Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5-D
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8-D
    Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 VR
    Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8 VR I
    Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 VR
    Pete's Flickr... Blacktop's Photo and a Song .... Blacktops 365

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Challenge Team
    Blacktop's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    @480sparky made a post comparing the two. According to him the IQ is about the same. The focus is better on the 200-500(less hunting in darker areas) the VR is outstanding(I can testify to that) and it is a constant f/5.6 where you can use a 1.4TC if needed. I would personally rather not use one, but it is good to know that you have that capability
    Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 AF-D
    Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5-D
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8-D
    Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 VR
    Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8 VR I
    Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 VR
    Pete's Flickr... Blacktop's Photo and a Song .... Blacktops 365

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
    Doesn't your local camera shop has one in stock you could try out?
    He has one on order,i was hoping to have a look when it arrives
    Thanks/Like Blacktop Thanks/liked this post
     
    Mike

    Olympus EM1MK11,Olympus40-150 f2.8 and 1.4 TC, Olympus 60mm macro

    Olympus EM10 MK11,14-42

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  10. #60
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: Testing the VR on the Nikkor 200-500mm lens

    WE will have them all together next week. We can give some good side by side comparisons since we both shoot the same camera. Should be interesting.
    Thanks/Like Blacktop, Rick M Thanks/liked this post
     

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •