Join us on Google +

ABN Panzer

Heh, didn't mean to be overly rough. I've been on G+ since early beta. It simply didn't perform as well as expected. Especially when going against the established Facebook. Also been with google voice and google music since early on.
It had some great new methods... But never really seemed to get it all going

WhiteLight

I have heard that Google+ is tailored for photographers.
Though i keep away from social networking sites, it would be good to know..
anyone have any idea on what's good or not with this?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I think G+ has it's strong points with certain groups.

By the way, if you want more people to see your posts from Google on here, and help out Nikonites, you can do this:
  1. Sign in to Google
  2. Edit the Contributor To section in your profile
  3. Click Add custom link
  4. Enter "Nikonites" & nikonites.com
  5. Click Save

On Nikonites, Under
edit profile add your Google+ account page - example: https://plus.google.com/115102839198813002998

After some time, here's what the results will look like:
Author information in search results - Webmaster Tools Help

here is a result that one of my posts is coming up for in Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=Nikon+D3200+vs+D5100

§am

I've used it for a fairly long time, but I don't think it shot up like Google had hoped.

The mobile (Android) app is fairly rubbish (IMO), I don't like the way it swamps my 'front' page with new stories from people around me who I have no interest in (there was an update to the app that brought this 'feature' in.

jdeg - lol, until I saw your G+ page, I always thought your nick was a play on "jpeg", but now realize it's not :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cochese

I've used it for a fairly long time, but I don't think it shot up like Google had hoped.

The mobile (Android) app is fairly rubbish (IMO), I don't like the way it swamps my 'front' page with new stories from people around me who I have no interest in (there was an update to the app that brought this 'feature' in.

jdeg - lol, until I saw your G+ page, I always thought your nick was a play on "jpeg", but now realize it's not :)

That was really what I never liked about it. Invariably, I would see a post that would be so dumb it would upset me.