RickSawThat 2013 Project 365

RickSawThat

wilson_family1_bw.jpg

Day 001 -- 01/01/2013 -- Self Family Portrait (used 10 sec timer) I'm the one in the top right corner :)

RockyNH_RIP

That is really a great shot! The lighting is almost like studio light... I really like.. shooting with a Canon???

what was creating the light glow (circular) to her right?

Pat in NH

RickSawThat

That is really a great shot! The lighting is almost like studio light... I really like.. shooting with a Canon???

what was creating the light glow (circular) to her right?

Pat in NH

The Canon is an old cam I had before the switch to Nikon. I tried Canon and Panasonic and ended up with the Nikon in the end.

The lighting is natural light and the curved light is just the light hiting a curved wall behind the girl. Just playing around the start of this years P365. I'm deciding on a new group of people to focus on for this year. So far I'm thinking of the Hassidic Jews who frequent the Fairfax area of Los Angeles, the older generation of people who live in Beverly Hills and/or the want-to-be actors who run and exercise in the Hollywood Hills trail called Runyan Canyon.

RockyNH_RIP

I am sure you will find the right group to fuel your passion! That explains the light, really nice effect!! That canon does a great job!

Pat in NH

piperbarb

Nice people pictures. I am always amazed at how well some people can get just the right people photo. I have a hard time doing that. My father had no problems taking great photos of people. Me, I just stick with critters, nature, and the occasional weird still life. :)

RickSawThat

Nice people pictures. I am always amazed at how well some people can get just the right people photo. I have a hard time doing that. My father had no problems taking great photos of people. Me, I just stick with critters, nature, and the occasional weird still life. :)

thanks for the nice comments Nikonites :)

Carroll

I don't think my 5100 is related to your 5100 at all. :confused:

Your shots make me want to capture better images and drop-kick my camera into the trash can all at the same time...

Sheesh. :)