Just Joined

rainblind

Expressed to my wife that I wouldn’t mind getting back into photography.

Thus on Christmas morning there was a wrapped box with a new Nikon D7000. Like all manuals for any equipment -they suck. Off to the internet for a a photography forum and found “Nikonites” – read quite a few postings and thought I better join the forum.

I am an old photographer and taught film photography for 25 years at college level .35mm, 2 1/4 twin lens and 4X5 camera and nothing automatic. I gave up photography for quite a few years and gave my daughter all my equipment and now I have the new Nikon D7000.

From playing around with the camera I have to quit thinking film and learn what all these buttons and menus do on the Nikon D7000.

That’s why I joined – learning a new type of phography.

Rod

Mike150

Welcome Rod.
Your wife's a keeper. I too dropped hints regarding a new D7000 for Christmas. She gave me a photo clipped from a photo store ad. All this after I was generous enough to get her that new Vacuum Cleaner...

One big thing to remember is that the D7000 has a DX sensor. All of your lenses will work with a 1.5 crop factor making that 35mm lens act like a 52mm. I found this article gives a fair description of things Understanding DX Lenses and 'Crop Factors' - D40/x/D60 Club Wiki