Anyone can help?

dreal15

Hi guys, its good to be in here. I have a problem with my cam everytime i take shots. It always goes like the image below when i try to capture a shot. i think it will react on the areas where are over expose. Anyone can help? Thanks for those who dropped by. Blessings!

camera problem.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

I do not have the 3100, rather the 5100... BUT..

What setting are you shooting at???

There is an Effect Mode on mine called Color Sketch that renders each photo like thus...

DSC_1750.jpg

Could this be where your camera is set???? Check Effects Mode?!

Pat in NH

dreal15

I do not have the 3100, rather the 5100... BUT..

What setting are you shooting at???

There is an Effect Mode on mine called Color Sketch that renders each photo like thus...

View attachment 23218

Could this be where your camera is set???? Check Effects Mode?!

Pat in NH

Thanks for responding sir. uhhm? i try to restore all the settings. But it still goes like this .. If i shot it with a low light, it looks normal, but if i increase my set up to look the scene more brighter the problem stir ups. I Dont know what to do with this.

Carroll

You can download the D3100 Manual to your computer at this URL:

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/noprint/D3100_ENnoprint.pdf

If you put a shortcut on your desktop to the manual, all you have to do is click on it to look at the manual on your computer screen. Very handy.

Page 131 explains not only how to reset the camera to default setting it shipped with, but exactly what settings are changed. It is possible that it will not change *everything* back to default.

This may be exactly what you did, and if so, I apologize for duplication here.

Could you post EXIF information with a new strange photo, so the experienced members could possibly see what is going on with the photo image? That would be a big help.

The first 4 photos were arranged with CS5. If possible, if you could send the EXIF information for those photos before you worked on them? A single photo, then the EXIF information, then the next, then the next, would be of great assistance to analyze what went on.

I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum.

dreal15

nikonites.jpg

Hi sir ozarkite, thanks for the additional info. yup thats whats exactly i did.

Here is the sample image with the exif

Carroll

Hi sir ozarkite, thanks for the additional info. yup thats whats exactly i did.
Here is the sample image with the exif

Thank you for your response. The information you included with your image is the "Camera Data", info from Photoshop CS5.

As you may, or may not know, EXIF is short for Exchangeable Image File. This file is included, sort of, with each image you shoot.

Nikon ViewNX2 software was included with your purchase of your D3100. (If not, you can get a free download from the Nikon web site.)

In that software, with each image, you can view the EXIF information. Here is a screenshot of that information that we need to help you:

View attachment 23307

You can see the EXIF information on the right side of the screen. (There is more below what you see...) As you can tell, it reports everything about your camera settings when you took that picture. From that information, one can see what was going on with your camera at the time you captured the image. (It is listed under "Metadata") We will need all of the information listed. If you can, two screen shots of the Metadata (EXIF) would be great. First screenshot, top half of info, second screenshot, bottom half of info.

The Camera Data and the info from Nikon ViewNX2 are similar, however ViewNX2 does have a little more info that would be of use. Specifically, it will report in-camera settings that might have produced the effect you see on the "strange photos", that the Photoshop camera data will not.

When we receive this information, and the photo it pertains to (one of your "strange photos", I am sure a more knowledgeable person will try to assist you.

Thanks, and continue to have a good time on the forum...

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

You've already gotten great advice. Looking at the photos I have to ask...

1) Did you buy the camera new or used?

2) Has it always been like this or has it just started doing it?

The reason I ask #1 is that it almost looks like the camera sensor was converted to some variant on an Infrared sensor (see here), so if you bought it used the seller may not have been entirely honest with you. Otherwise it definitely appears that there is some sort of effect setting turned on that is not resetting when you do the reset - like a white-to-yellow color swap.

dreal15

for email.jpg

Hello guys, sorry it takes me so long to respond to this thread, im just taking my board exam. Anyway, i reaaly appreciate those who reply in these thread, im out of idea on how i fix my cam. attached with here is my sample EXIF information. hope guys, i can fix my camera. i just really want to shoot again. thanks

dreal15

Thank you for your response. The information you included with your image is the "Camera Data", info from Photoshop CS5.

As you may, or may not know, EXIF is short for Exchangeable Image File. This file is included, sort of, with each image you shoot.

Nikon ViewNX2 software was included with your purchase of your D3100. (If not, you can get a free download from the Nikon web site.)

In that software, with each image, you can view the EXIF information. Here is a screenshot of that information that we need to help you:

View attachment 23307

You can see the EXIF information on the right side of the screen. (There is more below what you see...) As you can tell, it reports everything about your camera settings when you took that picture. From that information, one can see what was going on with your camera at the time you captured the image. (It is listed under "Metadata") We will need all of the information listed. If you can, two screen shots of the Metadata (EXIF) would be great. First screenshot, top half of info, second screenshot, bottom half of info.

The Camera Data and the info from Nikon ViewNX2 are similar, however ViewNX2 does have a little more info that would be of use. Specifically, it will report in-camera settings that might have produced the effect you see on the "strange photos", that the Photoshop camera data will not.

When we receive this information, and the photo it pertains to (one of your "strange photos", I am sure a more knowledgeable person will try to assist you.

Thanks, and continue to have a good time on the forum...

Hi sir, i do appreciate your comments. i learn saome new informations. i already post the EXIF details in some of my shots problem. :D

dreal15

You've already gotten great advice. Looking at the photos I have to ask...

1) Did you buy the camera new or used?

2) Has it always been like this or has it just started doing it?

The reason I ask #1 is that it almost looks like the camera sensor was converted to some variant on an Infrared sensor (see here), so if you bought it used the seller may not have been entirely honest with you. Otherwise it definitely appears that there is some sort of effect setting turned on that is not resetting when you do the reset - like a white-to-yellow color swap.

Hi sir, i bought it in my friend, yup i agree, i guess there is some thing that need to adjust here, even resetting will not do. tsk