Very large panorama of Mt. Soledad sky

Dave_W

The Dude
I took these images yesterday while on on Mt. Soledad in La Jolla. This is a compilation of 17 individual 36mp images and spans ~170-ish degrees from west to east. Needless to say, the original file is quite large! That rainstorm you see on the left ended up hitting sooner than I was expecting and gave my D800 its first baptism by rain. :(

completePzn-PS-Small-2.jpg

Carroll

I took these images yesterday while on on Mt. Soledad in La Jolla. This is a compilation of 17 individual 36mp images and spans ~170-ish degrees from west to east. Needless to say, the original file is quite large! That rainstorm you see on the left ended up hitting sooner than I was expecting and gave my D800 its first baptism by rain. :(

Wow. What a shot(s).....I need a bigger monitor!

Carroll

It's too large to be rendered into a JPEG format but as a TIFF file it occupies just under 2 gig's worth of disc space.

Wow. almost a 2 gig file...

My first computer was an IBM XT. First to have internal hard drive...YEAH!! The size of the hard drive was *20 MB*. LOL Always sounded like it needed oiled! I had the fast 9600 baud connection!

Used lynx "browser", no pictures, of course....dropped it once, didn't phase it a bit!

We have come a long waaaaaay....:victorious:

Back then a gig was something we used on bullfrogs around here.

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Wow. almost a 2 gig file...

My first computer was an IBM XT. First to have internal hard drive...YEAH!! The size of the hard drive was *20 MB*. LOL Always sounded like it needed oiled! I had the fast 9600 baud connection!

Used lynx "browser", no pictures, of course....dropped it once, didn't phase it a bit!

We have come a long waaaaaay....:victorious:

Back then a gig was something we used on bullfrogs around here.

I hear ya! I remember when I upgraded my Mac to the newest RISC chip version (I can't remember the model off hand but it's still up in my attic) and it came with a "huge" 120 mb disc. At the time it seems like a giant empty desert that would have a hard time ever filling up. And now I'm going on my third 3Tb external and I can only imagine in another 20 yrs, 3Tb's will be smaller than the average thumb drive on a key ring.