Yn 560 11 Flash

Re: Yn 560 11

yes forget it its not iTTL...anything that says fits Nikon and Cannon is no use to you ..you want the YN 465 or its later version the YN 468 or of course go for a YN 565 but its heavy ..the advantage of he 468 is that it can be fired from another flash while the 465 cannot other wise same functions ittl + manual (+S1 S2)
My favorite is the SB 400 as rockwell says it does everything you could ever want ..buy second hand on ebay small but ittl only

Last edited:

Berkerk

Yn 560 11

I have the Mk I and it's a great manual flash, the Mk II improves on it with an LCD screen, greatly simplifying it's setup. There were some issues with early Mk I's that I've not seen mentioned once with the Mk II's.

Personally, I would not take a thing Ken "his name really shouldn't be mentioned in polite company" Rockwell says as gospel. If you want great advice on flash photography, check out the Strobist. Also, for a checklist of useful flash features and a brief review of the Mk II, checkout one of the recent videos by "ThatNikonGuy" on YouTube.

I am not a fan of Rockwell

But buying any manual flash to use on camera is going back to the late 1970s..yes if you want 3 or 4 for modeling lights in a mini studio ...

Modern camera modern flash

viscountdriver

How about the YTN468 Then.Any thoughts? I thought of the SB600 but they are getting a very high price and I don't use flash enough to merit it.The YN468 is a reasonable price.

I have the 465 .the 468 is the same (buttons rather than a dial) but adds sync from another flash as S! and S2 and auto zoom) so over all a better buy. The only advantage of the Nikon unit is that it can act as a comander flash to operate other nikon flashes in iTTL mode but then you are getting well advanced..Make sure you buy it from an english supplier or you could pay import duty.

I have used these people with very fast delivery.YN-468II i-TTL with for Nikon D7000 D5000 D5100 D3000 D3100 D300 D300s D200 | eBay

465YN-465 Flash Speedlite for Nikon TTL D3000 D700 D60 6947110910024 | eBay

Last edited: