D3000 battery issues

rcoulter1019

I have a D3000 that I purhcased new a few years ago. I've purchased an extra battery with it so I could rotate them out and have a backup. Earlier this year, both batteries stopped holding their charge, I assumed they'd reached their lifespan so I purchased a new Nikon battery about 5mo ago. Today this battery has stopped charging for some reason. Not sure if it's the charger and the old batteries were really good or if I just got a crappy battery. I charged it for just over 2hrs and the light never stopped blinking, but I slipped it in the camera to see the usage...it had 2 bars. I took one pic (w/o changing any settings on it) and it immediately dropped to 1 bar. What the heck is going on?? I really don't want to buy another new battery!

Sambr

Sounds like the charger is hooped - try another charger or if you know someone with the same charger ask them to see if your batteries take a charge. It's not uncommon for chargers to fail. And for both your batteries to go at the same time is suspect to a problem with the charger.

piperbarb

I agree with Salvatore about the charger. I have not had that problem with my D3000, which I bought in January, 2010. I have had that problem with laptop chargers, especially when they reach the 3 year old mark.