American Eagle

Sambr

I knew the caption would get your attention. We have some many of these guys up here, counted 12 day along a 5 mile stretch along the river.
D4 & 300mmFF4

speadeagle1-XL.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
That is crazy sharp sam. Great pic!

I thought they only lived in the US. ;)

sent from my phone

BackdoorArts

It's a dual citizenship Eagle....

Or one that actually kept its word and fled north due to one set of election results or another.

Nice shot, Sam. We have a nesting pair about 10 miles from here, but I never manage to get them in the air anywhere nearby. Wildlife management won't let anyone close enough, so you stake out a spot along the nearby reservoir and pray they come your way. One of these days.

Geoffc

Sam I really like the picture and it's a great example of what the 300mm F4 can do in the right hands. My wife wants that lens with a 1.4 TC later in the year. My only negative comment is that it looks a bit dark on my calibrated monitors. I downloaded it and lifted the shadows which revealed loads of great feather detail so I know it's a quality image. I find it's a recurring problem that some people have calibrated screens and others have really bright ones. I'm never sure where to balance mine when I upload, although I tend to go calibrated as the highlights are always more detailed.