Praise from a die-hard Canon user

BackdoorArts

As I've mentioned, my brother is a Canon shooter and 25 year pro news photographer. We celebrated Christmas together at our house yesterday, and as the kids were watching "Elf" for the umteenth time I asked him, "Wanna check out my new camera?" After asking me, "You mind if I mess with some of the settings?", he sat on the couch with it for about 20 minutes.

I would have had to take notes to remember everything he said about it, but the general review was, "This is a pretty freaking nice camera". Other quotes included, "The high ISO quality on this is amazing. Way better than Canon.", "You can do in-camera editing?! Holy cr@p that's a nice feature. Wish I could do that - would save me tons of time in the field.", "The image quality is amazing!". There was the occasional muttered "Wow" and "Nice" as well. If he had one nit to pick it was the lack of a Compact Flash port as he believes it's the better card choice for someone in the field, if only because, "Those SD cards are just too darn small and easy to lose".

Made me feel good about my decision. Not that I need affirmation, but at least it might make him stop needling me about choosing Nikon and not being able to share his glass. Maybe now I can needle him about not being able to share my bodies. LOL

selee

I also made the switch from Canon to Nikon. I have (for sale) a Canon 1D3 and had to push the ISO up to 2000 and the resulting images looked like crap! WB was wayyyy off. I took a few shots with a D600 at an event and pushed the ISO to 2000 and the images were perfect!! Canon always had issues with WB.