EXIF data

Curt

LOL I have a question too...sorry? I noticed when I download a pic. the EXIF info does not seem to be there in my resent photos, my end or your?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Wait, are you saving the pic from the gallery after it has been uploaded? If that's the case then there might not be because photos are resized.

Curt

I don't think I am doing anything different from before?? It use to provide the EXIF data before, its just seemed to have stopped???

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
oh you mean the EXIF data is not displaying in the gallery for the images that you are uploading?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
are you positive it's there before you upload? (in windows, right click on image, choose properties, details) Are you sure it's the exact same file? I ask because I see that the system is posting EXIF on others images without a problem.

Curt

Looking through my gallery, I now realize the only pictures that have the EXIF data posted are the ones where I used my Canon G10??
As I use a D200, D80, Canon G10 & Canon SD900, the bulk of my pictures were taken with my D80 & D200 (no EXIF data)???

Curt

Well, I have traced my pictures right up to upload on the site and the EXIF data is there, but when it downloads to the site its gone?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
it's possible that the program you're using for watermarking is stripping out the exif. I know photoshop will strip exif if you save for web.

PhotoAV8R

I don't think it's related to this issue, but I discovered something today - new to me, anyway. I can't see the full Exif data on a RAW file as I can on a JPG file. I'm a Mac user and with the Inspector in Preview, only a small subset of the data is shown for a RAW file. Curious.