Mission to Jupiter

Dave_W

The Dude
Wow, I knew my telephoto lens with my D800 was powerful but who knew I could capture a NASA probe on Jupiter?!? :p

D8A_1965-sm.jpg

Carroll

Great "Alien" looking image, Dave. Like the color and swirls...

I took my big magnifying glass with the wood handle on it and checked out the ID lettering on the side of the flying object you captured. Letters were just a little faint, but I think it is the JUP-589 that NASA is still looking for. You know, the one that had the replacement Nikon Camera parts for the Hubble? You might let them know you sort of found it...might be a reward! (Think Lens funding...)

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Well, it started with some crappy sunset photos. The clouds looked like they might turn into something but never really did. So before I dump these images I thought I'd play around with them and that's when I found the plane. Buried there near the center is the little airplane and if you squint really hard you might be able to see it.

D8A_1965-2.jpg

Carroll

Well, it started with some crappy sunset photos. The clouds looked like they might turn into something but never really did. So before I dump these images I thought I'd play around with them and that's when I found the plane. Buried there near the center is the little airplane and if you squint really hard you might be able to see it.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Dave. I like the photo, great silhoutte and sunset above...perhaps a crop like a panorama would make it even better...not sure, what do you think? (The plane could go into another dimension with a click of the mouse if you liked...)

DavidRed5

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Dave. I like the photo, great silhouette and sunset above...perhaps a crop like a panorama would make it even better...not sure, what do you think? (The plane could go into another dimension with a click of the mouse if you liked...)[/QUOTE

Totally agree with the panorama cropping idea, cut out about 80% of the sky and I think it would be an amazing shot as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Not to hijack your thread, Dave, but did you know that Commander Hadfield, recently of the ISS, used Nikon cameras exclusively to take shots of the earth? He made some amazing shots from the space station that are (pardon the pun) out of this world! :)