Nikon Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Mitchell

Nikon headquarters and service in Melville, Long Island, New York is literally 15 minutes down the road from me.

p1346862566-5.jpg

Last edited:

UmarPk

Banned
That's not their main headquarters, their main headquarters is in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Nikon afterall is a Japanese company. The Nikon in Melville, NY the image you showed is their main facility and repair center in the US, commonly mistaken by people to be the headquarters of Nikon.

Robert Mitchell

OK, but the fact that the sign in front of the building says Corporate Headquarters makes it hard to dispute that this is in fact a 'headquarter' building for Nikon. :)

I wouldn't use the word headquarters unless Nikon was also doing so.

I live 15 minutes down the road and I'm there about once a month. It's most definitely more than a repair center.

Last edited:

Browncoat

Now girls, you're both pretty.

Nikon is a global company and has a national HQ located in several different nations. Yes, the "main" corporate HQ is in Japan. This is the HQ for Nikon USA.

KWJams

I would become a dumpster diver just to see what sort of cool equipment they throw out --- or wait outside with a hand written sign saying "Hungry and Broke -- Anything from a D4 or less will help. :)

Sambr

Just buy a pair of old coveralls with the name "Tom" on them make sure you have lots of pens & one of those screwdriver magnet things some reading glasses in the upper left pocket. Once inside pick up a D4 use your voltmeter to test it. Then look horrified and say " this is worse than I expected it has to go with me" :)

UmarPk

Banned
OK, but the fact that the sign in front of the building says Corporate Headquarters makes it hard to dispute that this is in fact a 'headquarter' building for Nikon. :)

I wouldn't use the word headquarters unless Nikon was also doing so.

I live 15 minutes down the road and I'm there about once a month. It's most definitely more than a repair center.

It's their Corp hq in US, what I'm telling you is that, that building isn't their main headquarters, it's their main facility and repair center. The actual and true Nikon headquarters is in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan. You can Google it yourself. Any ways I'm not going to argue with you over this.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It's their Corp hq in US, what I'm telling you is that, that building isn't their main headquarters, it's their main facility and repair center. The actual and true Nikon headquarters is in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan. You can Google it yourself. Any ways I'm not going to argue with you over this.

You sure have a way to argue.

Rick M

Nice shot Robert! The reflection is awesome.

BTW, you're all wrong. Interplanetary headquarters is on Mars, that's why they don't realize D300 owners want an upgrade.

Robert Mitchell

I wasn't arguing and I'm not looking for an argument. I never said it was their Main headquarters. Sheesh.
I just said it was Nikon headquarters. Simple stuff.

§am

In some circles the distraction away from the intended topic would warrant the title troll, but I'm sure we're all big enough and ugly enough not to have to attract that kind of title to ourselves :)

carguy

Play nice :)

Cool shot, I agree with the dumpster diving comment above, imagine what you could find LOL

UmarPk

Banned
Nice shot of the Corporate Headquarters for NIKON USA in NY ;)

Now we need a shot of the Japanese multinational corporation headquartered in Tokyo
:cool:

As much as you would like to think it's a multinational corporation, Nikon is a Japanese company with a Japanese Chairman and President and the parent company of Nikon is Japanese as well Mitsubishi. Sorry to burst your multinational bubble, but it's important we know the truth.

800px-Nikon_WestBuilding.jpg

Image Source: File:Nikon WestBuilding.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Author: Pyzhou

Here is the real Nikon Headquarters.

Have a wonderful day, don't let the facts get in your way.

PS: Sad that America cannot produce a thriving an excellent DSLR company, both Nikon and Canon are Japanese companies which dominate the digital camera and DSLR market. Don't even mention Polaroid Corp or Kodak, those two failed. We can send a men to the Moon but cannot build a high quality DSLR company which will rival Japanese DSLR companies...Very disappointed in my adopted homeland right now...Tsk tsk.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

As much as you would like to think it's a multinational corporation, Nikon is a Japanese company with a Japanese Chairman and President and the parent company of Nikon is Japanese as well Mitsubishi. Sorry to burst your multinational bubble, but it's important we know the truth.

Have a wonderful day, don't let the facts get in your way.
May want to do your own home work! Now back to reality......

Founded in 1917, Nikon (NASDAQ, NINOY) is a multinational corporation and one of the world’s market leaders in photographic imaging products. Nikon is best known for its wide-ranging product line of digital cameras, which cater to both consumers and professional users. The company is currently headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and has approximately 16,000 employees.

[h=1]Nikon Corporation[/h]

[h=4][/h]

Browncoat

Personal insults are against forum rules. Post reported:

Aww. No one's ever reported one of my posts before. :rolleyes:

This has been explained to you numerous times in this thread, and by different people. You're just not getting it. But I'll try again just for the sake of my own amusement:

Everyone is aware that Nikon is based in Japan. However, they are a global company and have a headquarters in several different countries. The original photo is of the main US headquarters located in New York. I strongly suggest that you click that link to the Nikon homepage...it shows their global network.

Furthermore, ethnicity has nothing to do with them being a Japanese company. By your logic, if some guy named Moishe Feldstein took over as CEO, they'd suddenly be a Jewish company.

Status
Not open for further replies.