The Chemically Abandoned

Chemic

Before I continue with this post, keep in mind that I am NOT crazy. I may have a mind that is like none other, though that does not mean that it is not brilliant in its own way.

I am a fan of the unknown, the unseen, the unexplored, the ruins, the abandoned, the over grown.....

I find peace in the places that nobody goes. The knowledge that no man has stepped foot here in a very long time. The knowledge that there is beauty in even the most horrific places.

Hospitals, Jails, Psychiatric Institutions, Murder Houses, Haunted Dwellings, and many more of the worlds unexplained oddities that have since been left for the world to take it back.

This thread will be a compilation of my work, my process, and my vision.

Chemic

Tommorow's Venue: 12/22/12
" ******** Children's Psychiatric Center "

8294639848_1626ce34a2_c.jpg

There are 3 complexes that will be explored
from order of left to right

1. Main Complex - Living Quarters and Labs (abandoned in 2001)
2. Secondary Complex - Living Quarters / Test Labs (abandoned in 1995)
3. Staff Quarters (abandoned in 1995)

RockyNH_RIP

Chemic, this should be interesting... you should be able to get some very original pictures there. I will be be waiting to see how you presnt them....

Pat in NH

Chemic

I am curious as to why you took the time to black out street names and the name of the hospital?

It has been the goal of me and my fellow adventurers to preserve the venues. We personally hate when people (mostly teenagers) go to these places, break windows, spray paint everything and ruin it for everyone else.

Dave_W

The Dude
It has been the goal of me and my fellow adventurers to preserve the venues. We personally hate when people (mostly teenagers) go to these places, break windows, spray paint everything and ruin it for everyone else.

Yes, but the graffiti does make for interesting images.

Chemic

Oh I totally agree. But I have seen countless venues in the past few years demolished primarily due to the fact that children vandalize them constantly. The vandalization leads to unsafe conditions. Then the state signs an order and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Dave_W

The Dude
I like the first image best. You may want to play around with it in LR and tease a little more detail out but otherwise very nice!

Eye-level

Banned
Very interesting sir.

Pablo Picasso "we have invented nothing"

Leonardo is a great subject to to study to get some in depth photography portrait knowledge.

I like your sig quote. Looks like you have a nice kit too.