Low Light High ISO

Ruidoso Bill

Here is a small sample of what I experimented with last night. I went from ISO 800 all the way to 6400 but mostly stayed around ISO 1600 if I could keep the shutter above 1/125. Couple of these are large cropped. I think think the camera was super. The main dress rehearsal is tonight and I will be shooting again and have decided I can live wth 1600 so I think that's where I'll be for most of the night. Mostly used the 24-70, used the 14-24 for the wide shots and even tried the 50 mm for a bit. No noise reduction has been applied, not even in LR.
This was at 1600:
View attachment 22617This was at 2000 (auto iso) DSC_5116-Edit.jpgThis was at ISO 4500 (auto ISO no crop)DSC_4708.jpgThis one at ISO 1100DSC_5100-Edit.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_4094-Edit.jpg
    DSC_4094-Edit.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

ryanp

lovely work Bill, I'm new to photography and am trying to judge aperture levels; did you keep aperture at around a certain mark here? the dof seems large so I was wondering how small your aperture was?

Ruidoso Bill

lovely work Bill, I'm new to photography and am trying to judge aperture levels; did you keep aperture at around a certain mark here? the dof seems large so I was wondering how small your aperture was?

I was using auto iso from 800 to 3200 for most of the shots. My zooms are f2.8 and that is where I kept them (most of the time).