camera for under $200 ??

tmaxxman1980

ok guys im looking for a new camera for under 200 and i wanted to get some input from you guy i found two i think are good but i don’t know what makes a good camera i just know the mega pix and zoom but what else makes a camera good also i want one to just put in my pocket and carrier around here are the two i found are they any good ?? any in put is helpful thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-Powershot-SX160-IS-16MP-16x-Zoom-Red-Digit…http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-COOLPIX-L610-16MP-3-0-inch-LCD-Red-Digital…

Dave_W

The Dude
Re: camera ??

Personally, I think you'd get much more for your money going with a Canon Powershop S100 that produces RAW images as well as JPEG. Amazon has it for $249, slightly higher than your $200 budget but worth the extra $49 IMO.

tmaxxman1980

Re: camera ??

Personally, I think you'd get much more for your money going with a Canon Powershop S100 that produces RAW images as well as JPEG. Amazon has it for $249, slightly higher than your $200 budget but worth the extra $49 IMO.

ok thanks will have to check that out

kendrikwiley

If you are looking for buy a camera for under $200 then there are many choices that you may get from the market.There are many electronic showrooms where you can buy camera as per your needs and budget.

Eye-level

Banned
I'd catch the chaff (really wheat) from the micro four thirds boys...way superior to any P&S almost...interchangeable lenses and a wide selection of dedicated fine lenses plus you can get an adapter to use your F mounts and make it such that it will not fit in your pocket! :)

Dirt cheap and damn good...and drum roll please...mirrorless IS the future...

Last edited:

Akiviri

I'd have to agree with Eye-Level on this one. You really aren't going to find much of anything worth owning in the sub $200 category with these cameras, unless you go used. There you're really taking a gamble as these are really considered to be 'throwaway' cameras for the most part. Unless you're willing to up the ante to around $350+ I'd go looking in the used 4/3's market for something - and do a LOT of research via reviews before you plop down cash for anything. Make a list of the things you need, then want - and see what you can find.