Dana : Lifestyle Portrait

Robert Mitchell

This is a lifestyle portrait for Dana's book. Shot using natural light.

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

Settings:
ISO 400, 112mm, f/2.8, 1/6400s

p1229676088-5.jpg

Robert Mitchell

Hi Rick.

You're right. The ground and border of the image just barely snips at her foot. Every once in a while I have to give up little details (despite my OCD, lol) because the shot and the feel of the shot are what I was after and I didn't have an alternate shot to use instead.

I wasn't thrilled about it but myself and Dana love the shot.

The other thing that I always take into consideration is that photographers are not my target market or audience and only photographers notice or care about that foot. No one else cares. :)

Rick M

Your right, only us anal photographers notice such things! Since this is not the critique section, I went easy on you:). I get annoyed sometimes when people (friends and family) think a shot is great which I know is flawed in a technical sense. My wife is often asking why a particular shot is not on my site and doesn't understand that while the average viewer may like and buy it, I just can't put it out there.

Robert Mitchell

There's something to be said for great technique and technical perfection, but there are also times when you have to let it go and not be so hard on yourself.

I strive to create the best images I can but I also have no problem admitting that there are times that it just doesn't happen. Sometimes feel counts for more than technique. :)