Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS

§am

Hoping to maybe pick up this old lens for <$75, but just wondering what it might be like coupled with my D5100.

I understand, it'll be manual all the way, no metering either, and can only be used in M mode on the camera.

Anyone have any views on this lens?

fotojack

Hoping to maybe pick up this old lens for <$75, but just wondering what it might be like coupled with my D5100.

I understand, it'll be manual all the way, no metering either, and can only be used in M mode on the camera.

Anyone have any views on this lens?

I don't see anything wrong with you buying that lens. Good price. Good lens.

§am

Thanks - was gonna almost spend that amount of money on an E series then saw this one amongst the pile.

Not sure I will get it though as I won't be near the seller for a couple of days and they can't promise to hold onto it either :(
But if I do - well here's hoping it's as lovely a lens as I've heard :)

AC016

Very good lens!! I don't think there is anything bad you could say about it. Only downside is that you are going to have to guess with the metering. Other than that, go for it!

stmv

a couple of test shots, look at the historygram, adjust,

get in the habit of under exposing a hair. and shoot in raw, and you can typically recover most shots with today's camera.

I gave my nephews some old manual lens, and they are having a blast, with the same setup. When I used my D80, I even dug out an old external light meter, worked great. If you are going
old school, go all out.