New member intro.

DTigga

Hi all. Just came across this forum and found myself wanting to contribute to the conversation.

A little bit about myself. Until recently, it had been almost 20 years since I last used an SLR. I was in high school then and whilst i enjoyed the process, I never really had a good understanding of basic photographic fundamentals. About twelve months ago I came across an online photography course on composition. From the minute I started I was hooked. I have since purchased a DSLR and started to experiment with what I have learnt.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Dtigani. Hope you enjoy your time here with us. Any questions....don't be shy to ask. We'll do our best to help you out. Start by going through your owners manual; we like those who help themselves. :)

My sister lives in Melbourne. :)

RockyNH_RIP

Welcome!! You have come to a friendly place with many helpful folk, I know because was(am) new and they have done a lot to help me.

Enjoy!

Pat in NH

DTigga

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. <br> For the record, could you please keep any unwanted relatives out of Melbourne; we have enough of our own to contend with! :p

Tami Jo

Welcome! You are really going to enjoy it here. You are also going to love your new Nikon :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DTigga

Thanks Tami Jo. I've had my D5100 for about 8 months. Love it.

I've recently convinced my work that we could save a fortune on professional photography charges buy having me do all the corporate head shots. So I had them purchase a D800 with a couple lenses, lights and accessories for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Tami Jo

Thanks Tami Jo. I've had my D5100 for about 8 months. Love it.

I've recently convinced my work that we could save a fortune on professional photography charges buy having me do all the corporate head shots. So I had them purchase a D800 with a couple lenses, lights and accessories for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad you are enjoying your new Nikon and also utilizing the opportunity to use a D800 in the work environment. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots in the near future.