Purchased

Chase

Picked up my d3200 yeaterday not able to take pictures yet as i have no sd card :( spent all my budget on just the camera.

Im already 3/4 the way through the manual and its slowley starting to sink in, apertures exposure iso all this is new to me its going to be a long road but im willing to learn so any helpful tips would be greatly appriciated.

I am truely a novice i know how the on button works and the shutter release works :)

pedroj

Tip one!! Put your camera in Aperture Priority at F5.6 to F9 The camera will sellect the shutter speed and Tip 2!!! take the ISO out of auto,ISO 200 is good

Chase

Tip one!! Put your camera in Aperture Priority at F5.6 to F9 The camera will sellect the shutter speed and Tip 2!!! take the ISO out of auto,ISO 200 is good

Took iso out of auto to 200 and put aperture priority to f5.6

pedroj

Aperture Priority means YOU are controlling the aperture, the camera will choose the correct shutter speed for an image

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Aperture Priority means YOU are controlling the aperture, the camera will choose the correct shutter speed for an image

True but sometimes it slows down the shutter speed that may result in blurry images. For beginners, I would suggest P mode for indoor. For outdoor with good light, A mode works well unless you want to stop the action, then you can switch to S priority.