I needed a 24mm f2.8 like a hole in the head.

TedG954

I don't know why I bid on it.

I didn't need it.

I have an 18-35mm f3.5 and a 24-120mm f2.8.

Sometimes I do stuff that can't be analyzed with rationale.

Well, when I was notified that I ended up with the highest bid at $111.00, I had mixed emotions..... I got the lens for half the going price, but again, I didn't really (?) need it.

The lens arrived today. It is in excellent condition without a mark on the front or the back. It even came with a German UV filter (coming with a filter is always a good sign when buying used).

I snapped a few frames with available light....... what an amazing lens! I'm glad I bought it.

Now it all makes sense. While I may not have needed this lens, my subconscious knows what's best for me. Besides, it's almost Christmas.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Way to go Ted! Sometimes it just works out... Thats a good price on a 28 f/2.8.. Nice that you like it too. My lens money is tapped out for a bit... The wife may frown, but she would not kill me .. BUT, I need to learn what I have well... then see what I may need... ;)

My next need is a tabletop setup to do some photos of smaller items. I have 200 plus small figurines plus likely another 100 die cast items to shoot. Looking at a stand (pvc) to hold some paper and need to pick up a couple lights to sit on the table.. and a bracket/clamp method Not much in bucks, just a little time & material.. Wife does not mind that.. especially when one of the jobs is for her!

Pat in NH

wysiwyg

Lol - well actually it's a photographer thing !! I'm stuck with Nikon because that way my hubby doesn't realise when I buy something new !!! Seriously !! He knows its a black box with Nikon on it - I'm also sure he thinks I only own 2 lenses x
And god help me if I die and he tries to sell my kit for what he thinks I paid or it all !!

It's a boy thing,the wife tells me.I live with it and have fun.lol

stmv

its a fun desease. 24 is a really nice focal lenght, next say a 60 micro! or for fun a classic 55 mm 3.5 macro, lovely lens. I took some comparison shots between the 60mm and 55, and let me tell you the 55 mm held its own just fine. I have seen 55 go for 60 dollars!