Holiday Assignment/Challenge Dec 15th-Jan 6th NEW RULES APPLY READ FIRST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
We will be starting the "Assignment/Challenge" in a new format. Please read the new rules. I'll just say that the pictures have to be taken by YOU within the Assignment specified dates. You are now allowed 3 entries since the Assignment will usually be monthly. Enjoy your Nikon!

Monthly Assignment Dec 12th-Jan 6th

Happy Holidays 2012.jpg

Monthly Assignment: Holiday Season
  1. We will be looking at your Holiday season's best picture. Your picture will have to represent what the Holidays are for you. It could be outdoors, indoor, landscape, religious, it's all up to you.

Assignments are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Assignments are to make all of us as photographers think outside the box also.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken during that said month specified in the assignment thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the assignment. Links will not be accepted as an entry.
  3. Assignments will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  4. Only three photos entry per member, for each assignment, unless otherwise indicated.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
  6. The panel will select 5 shots to be displayed in the Monthly best shots forum and will be promoted.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Monthly Assignments, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.

Last edited:

stamatisg2002

Errr... (simultaneously raising hand), one question. Because when i post pictures, the site puts them as attachements and not incorporated in the post, does it count as a valid post?

WhiteLight

Wow this is going to be one amazing thread to watch out for :)

Errr... (simultaneously raising hand), one question. Because when i post pictures, the site puts them as attachements and not incorporated in the post, does it count as a valid post?

I don't thin that should matter.. though you have an option for making the pics inline rather than as an attachment right?? :confused:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Yes, as long as it's not a link that leads to "photobucket, fliker, or your personal website.

BackdoorArts

Pretty excited that someone picked this up. Thanks, Marcel!! While I didn't participate nearly as much as I should have, these contests definitely worked to pull me away from comfort zones in the past.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Pretty excited that someone picked this up. Thanks, Marcel!! While I didn't participate nearly as much as I should have, these contests definitely worked to pull me away from comfort zones in the past.

Thanks Jake, as you see, we have changed the wording so people would be more trying to improve their photography instead of just trying to win. It's really the participation that we are after. And, having a month to work on an Assignment, will give some more chance to improve. Plus, you are now allowed 3 shots per assignment. So I hope a lot of you take this opportunity to share your passion and have fun comparing all shots. I found that I learn as much looking at other people's shots than I do shooting on my own. I've improve a lot since sharing on this forum.

So thanks in advance to all of you who will just participate.

Enjoy your Nikons!

nikonpup

errr... (simultaneously raising hand), one question. Because when i post pictures, the site puts them as attachements and not incorporated in the post, does it count as a valid post?
what steps do you take to post your photos. Are you using the insert image icom in the quick reply box?

BackdoorArts

I would be remiss if I didn't post the cover shot from our Christmas Card. Taken while on a walk thru town on Saturday. I passed it and the brain kicked in, "Hey dummy - that was a picture!!"

8278297891_d0886d5ec9_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.